Main Menu

New bike in the garage

Started by Tahoebrian5, May 02, 2015, 07:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahoebrian5

I picked up my bike yesterday in Roseville and rode straight to the goods! Took the scenic route home through Downieville.

Photo op moment

Love the bike. The electronic suspension smooths out much of the stuff that rattles me on the CBR, then stiffens up when I need it. Awesome. Unfortunately it's already broken and will be going in the shop in Monday. Hopefully not a harbinger of my future on a German sportsbike.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

slmoto

Very nice, congrats.
Beautiful bike!

GreenMachine

Quote from: slmoto on May 02, 2015, 07:50:14 AM
Very nice, congrats.
Beautiful bike!
+1

You've earned it, working seven days a week for most of this year.

Got mods in mind?  I know you do.  :evil1
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

Ofcourse! Tall windscreen and weighted bar ends for vibration dampening is first. I'm going to need a new tank bag for the Oregon trip also. Other than that I'd love some rear sets but the are spendy!

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Sub-Sonic

RichVee4

Congrats...  That is a beautiful looking bike.
Live long and prosper \V/

Tahoebrian5

I'm sitting here in Downieville trying to figure out how to turn off the wheelie control so I can get my hooligan fix on the way home.

RichVee4

Don't you have to break her in gently?
Live long and prosper \V/

dub

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on May 02, 2015, 05:56:45 PM
I'm sitting here in Downieville trying to figure out how to turn off the wheelie control so I can get my hooligan fix on the way home.

rtfm
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Tahoebrian5

I did rtfm... There's a lot of buttons! I had to download it and reread it but finally figured it out.

I don't believe in gentle break ins. Run it through the rev range a few times getting higher with each rev. Cool down, repeat, done.

nvgixxer

Ohhhh how sweet! You da man Brian!

Jimbo
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

I arrived home with 607 miles. Sierra BMW was booked up so I did the first service myself. I just need to take it in and have them hook it up to the computer to remove that damn rev limiter. That and hopefully take a look at the sticky shifter.

I rode downieville the day before yesterday, and friend of mine on a sport tour bike went off the road and ended up in a helicopter. I really need to be more selective about who I ride with.

GreenMachine

:o  That's not good!

Hope he's alright.  Was it due to sandy conditions on the east slope of Yuba?