Main Menu

Crash on Geiger

Started by Mel, April 18, 2015, 01:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Sorry, I didn't understand the context of the question.

KOLOTV <here>
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Thanks, I didn't find the KOLO article in my search.

Those are some interesting comments. There is definitely no sidecar attached to the sportbike on it's side. There is another bike in the background behind those people. But it also looks like a sportbike (with no sidecar) and it doesn't appear to have been part of the collision. So....weird?
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

flamecrow

QuoteNHP reports a man involved in a motorcycle crash last weekend has died. Details here: http://bit.ly/1HwXDw5

Damn it. This saddens my heart.

dub

nvgixxer

Hey guys,

What a tragedy this was! The guy that died was Kevin McIntire, 62. Was it him that rode with us last September up Ebbetts Pass? Is this him, third guy on the left in the pic? Also pic of his Aprilia in the other pic.

Jimbo
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

GreenMachine

No, say it wasn't him.  He was the one who was alert after the accident, while the 83 y.o. was the one in critical condition.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

QuoteThe investigation indicates a KTM Racer motorcycle ridden by a 47-year-old Sparks man was headed south on SR 341, and the rider didn't take a curve properly, crossing into the northbound lane and hitting an Aprilla motorcycle head-on. That bike traveling northbound was ridden by 62-year-old Kevin Mcintire of Dayton, who was flown to Renown Regional Medical Center, where he died April 23.
RIP KKM.  You went out doing what you loved and it wasn't your fault.   :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

Mel

dub

Quote from: nvgixxer on April 26, 2015, 06:07:58 AMIs this him, third guy on the left in the pic? Also pic of his Aprilia in the other pic.

Jimbo

Yup.

slmoto

Never got to ride with or meet this man but still a terribly sad incident, my heart goes out to those close to him.
RIP KKM:(

RichVee4

Didn't connect this at first to KKM but now this hits really close to home.  I had reached out to him a couple days back to meet up at the track this last weekend where he was scheduled to attend and was wondering why I didn't hear back from him.   

Really tragic.  I remember meeting him on the SSA ride last year and was glad I had the chance to meet him.    Great guy that will be missed.

Our Prayers go out to his family..
Live long and prosper \V/

Tahoebrian5

I am late figuring this out, GM just brought me up to speed on our last ride. Very sad to hear this was Kevin. He will be missed.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.