Main Menu

MotoGP Round 3 - Argentina

Started by slmoto, April 16, 2015, 08:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahoebrian5

You guys are eating way too many brownies.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

Running 15 minutes late.  Slept in.

TB5, you should join us.  Txt me if can.  We have all the fixins.  Then after you've had some, you can complain about us eating too many brownies.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

I really wish I could. I've been working 7 days a week for quite a while and this weekend is no exception. I'm really looking forward to the Oregon trip, will be much needed!

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

Between races SL and I did some troubleshooting on his Yamaha dirt bike parked in the garage.  Lots of odd problems and the bike was still difficult to start.  We may have sorted out the hard starting issue, but there were several other bigger issues that needed addressing, so we rode the dirt bikes last night to see if we could replicate what was wrong.  All we were able to accomplish was that his bike ran pretty good, but was still leaking engine oil out of a drain tube on the left side of the bike.

Didn't really sort out much, but we did get some riding in, which was fun.  Nothing too crazy on my part.  Felt good to test the waters.  Took it slow and safe.   None the worse for wear this morning.

The racing was exciting to watch too.  I think someone swore accidentally during the post race interview.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

Hard starting is usually jetting, or maybe valves if it's a 4 stroke.

Rossi is on fire!

slmoto

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on April 20, 2015, 02:20:04 PM
Hard starting is usually jetting, or maybe valves if it's a 4 stroke.

Rossi is on fire!

Valve adjustment is next on my list. This bike (yz426) is notoriously difficult to start. We got it starting cold in 2-4 kicks and hot it was starting on one kick yesterday which doesn't seem too bad for this bike.

Definitely great to see Rossi really dialed in. It was awesome seeing him real in MM towards the end of the race, glad MM didn't take him down with him.