Main Menu

Feather River Canyon Route?

Started by flamecrow, April 13, 2015, 02:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flamecrow

Has anybody ever done this route:

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/130/California/Highway-70;-Feather-River-Canyon.html

A coworker of mine said she's done the route before and it's gorgeous. She said at this time of year there are water falls :)

KKM

Not a great sportbike road but it is a Very nice touring road. Yes it would be a good early season ride.
Kevin
2009 Aprilia RSV1000R
2012 KTM990R ADV
2013 KTM 500XCW

dub

Yes, it's pretty, but Buck's Lake Rd, just to the South, is much more fun.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Hwy 70 between Quincy and Oroville is a meandering canyon road that has many similar features to riding through the river canyon between Yosemite and Mariposa.   Very picturesque, train trussles, tunnels, granite mountains...just magnificent.   

There are a couple of riverside restaurants and motels as well.  It's a great road for a touring bike or Harley.

That is of course, unless it's Fall and some douche hasn't fastened his lumber load into his truck and it spills in front of your path. 

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

It's quite beautiful, just watch out for the local variety of flying logs
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

wills

We just did the loop, go up 36 to 32 south (great road!) and then back up 70. We killed allot of bugs!

1st ride on the replacement for the CBR and MV:

Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

GreenMachine

Wills,

Did you sell the other bikes then or are you up to four bikes in the garage?

BTW, I think I saw you cruising down VC several Fridays back around lunch time on your silver Connie.  I recognized you by your feet and lean angle.   :P
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

wills

Yeah I was up there on "business" with Story County IT department...always a good excuse to ride up there. Will be only 2 bikes here KTM and Connie..1 Triumph in MD.
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East