Main Menu

MotoGP Round 2 Austin, TX

Started by slmoto, April 09, 2015, 09:26:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichVee4

And GM's brownies :)  Half were gone by the time we arrived at the beginning of Moto 2. It was a fun group to watch the race with!
Live long and prosper \V/

slmoto

Yep, weather here was really nice and more importantly weather in Austin held up for a nice full dry race.

Thanks for coming by guys, definitely nice to hang out and watch with others that are into it. I'll probably be doing it again next weekend as it will be the last change to watch live at a decent time before they head off to Europe for a couple months. I'll post up again later in the week to confirm.

GreenMachine

That's what I call a good time!!  Thanks all for coming and sharing in the fun.  A special thanks to SL for hosting.  Another amazing job BBQing.  Nice work!

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

I don't usually watch qualifying, but I did this time because I was anxious to see more action from COTA. Holy cow, that was by far the most exciting qualifying session I have ever seen.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

I didn't see any replays of qualifying, just pictures and the hype.  So when I found someone's video taken above the paddock, I thought, right on!  In the action MM slows to a stop at the end of the pit wall on the main straight, hops the wall and sprints back to his pits.  AND THE TROLLS IN THE GRANDSTAND ARE YELLING AT HIM, "Run, Forest, Run!"  I think had I been sitting there I would have been ejected for throwing down on these low IQ ph*ckwads.   >:(  I mean, who goes to these racing events to troll riders with calls?  Cheer for your rider or shut the hell up!!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Mel

Whoa GM, you need to take a chill pill big fella ;D ;D ;D! I think it was all in fun, it would have been different if MM was a cripple or something, but he's a world class athlete in excellent shape ;)!

GreenMachine

Chanting, trolling and hollering at a two time World Champion like that of a second grader should go something along the lines of this.

***                                                                                                                                                                                          ***

Did you hear that?  Neither did I.
Clapping of the hands and whistling while clapping are encouraging and even classy.   Represent the red-white-and-blue proudly, :flagUSA  not like a drunken buffoon.  :nana2

Mel

GM, you're wound a little too tight, but a full day of goat roads will loosen you up :rotflmao

GreenMachine

Finally got to see the video of what I missed.  Here it is.  It's chopped a bit where it shows him going out on the backup bike with 2:27m remaining, but then jumps right into his qualifying lap, after time expired.

Just amazing to watch the control of a master.  :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown