Main Menu

MotoGP Round 2 Austin, TX

Started by slmoto, April 09, 2015, 09:26:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Quote from: RichVee4 on April 10, 2015, 09:44:45 AM
We are back from our trip to UK so it would be fun to hangout with you guys and watch the race.  Anything you want me to bring? I can bring chips/salsa and guac.

For me its anyone BUT Pedrosa.   It was interesting to see the Honda guys having to work a little harder this year.
:rotflmao :headscratch

Rich, aren't you doing the trackday Saturday too?  Slow down a little there Mr. World Traveler.  Hope to see you there Sunday, but...man, that's a lot to pack into one weekend.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Quote from: slmoto on April 10, 2015, 09:56:13 AM
Welcome back, looking forward to hearing about your trip. Chips/salsa/guac would be great.

I'm not a huge fan of Pedrosa but he kind of falls in the background for me and doesn't bother me much, Lorenzo on the other hand I do find annoying. Too bad for Pedrosa tho, sucks to go out that way, hopefully the surgery will help and he can recover and come back competitive. Definitely nice to see something other than the typical Honda leading the way. Now if only Suzuki could pick up the pace and at least get near the front of the pack, even if they can't get on the podium at the moment.
A wet race could be their opportunity.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Quote from: slmoto on April 09, 2015, 09:26:38 AM
We'll be watching MotoGP live stream on TV again this Sunday 4/12 if anyone cares to join.

I'm in Reno, pm your phone number and I'll text you the address if you want to come watch. We'll be BBQ'ing as well.

Moto3 starts at 9am
Moto2 starts at 10:20am
MotoGP starts at 12 noon

We'll be watching all three come watch them all or just MotoGP if that's your preference.
I'll bring the ground beef and make another batch of brownies.

RichVee4

The track day that I am signed up for is April 25.   I have been busy working on my suspension upgrade today.  Finished the front fork rebuild, new valves, springs, seals and oil.  Planning to go out Sat for a little test ride after I clean up all the fork oil from everything in the garage.
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

:pieface  What was I thinking?  For some reason I thought T-hill was this weekend.  Guess that wouldn't add up.

dub

This is the beginning of the end for Pedrobot.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Better get started on my brownies for tomorrow.  Might have to make two batches, so I can have one for myself today.

Looking forward to tomorrow's race.  Lorenzo has a cold and may have to qualify in Q2 for Sunday's race.  Too bad for Mr. Personality.

MM and Iannone are doing battle for top honors, Suzuki's Aleix Espargaro is in 4th, & Rossi is in 6th in FP2, if I'm reading this correctly.

Tahoebrian5

I've learned that With Rossi it doesn't matter so much how he qualifies.

What are you putting in the brownies?
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

Will that make a difference for whether you'll come over?

So far, just eggs and vegetable oil.

slmoto

GreenMachine

Tomorrow's Austin weather forecast is looking better, just scattered T-storms and the precipitation levels if it does rain are substantially lower. 

See!  Crossing your figures does help.  ;)

GreenMachine

Two RSVPs for you SL.  I haven't heard from the other person about whether he's planning on coming yet or not.  He sounded like he was in, but hasn't actually said so.

Not sure how much ground beef to bring for tomorrow.  I have enough for twelve burgers thawing.  Should I bring the buns?

slmoto

Sounds good. I already picked up the buns and rest of the typical burger stuff.

GreenMachine

:thumbup  See you here shortly. 

IT'S RACE DAY!

flamecrow

looked like an amazing day for BBQ and Marquez being Marquez