Main Menu

MotoGP Round 2 Austin, TX

Started by slmoto, April 09, 2015, 09:26:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slmoto

We'll be watching MotoGP live stream on TV again this Sunday 4/12 if anyone cares to join.

I'm in Reno, pm your phone number and I'll text you the address if you want to come watch. We'll be BBQ'ing as well.

Moto3 starts at 9am
Moto2 starts at 10:20am
MotoGP starts at 12 noon

We'll be watching all three come watch them all or just MotoGP if that's your preference.

GreenMachine

How much is airfare to/from or is that included?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

Quote from: GreenMachine on April 09, 2015, 09:53:52 AM

??? I'm guessing your referring to reading it as we're watching live in TX?

I'll correct it, we're watching the live stream.

I know at least one of the SSA members is actually going to TX to watch, if only we could all be so lucky but I'm happy with watching the stream at the least.

dub

Looks like the weather is going to be a story this weekend. It will make things interesting in GP, but kind of bummed that the inaugural MotoAmerica event will be a wet one.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

slmoto

Yeah, it's unfortunate that it's most likely going to be a wet one. Hopefully they at least get a good enough window to get some full races in, looks like there's a chance it could really be coming down there.

I can't seem to find a MotoAmerica broadcast or live stream, too bad they couldn't just hook up with MotoGP to get aired, it'd be great exposure considering it's all happening the same weekend.

GreenMachine

Quote from: slmoto on April 09, 2015, 10:03:33 AM
Quote from: GreenMachine on April 09, 2015, 09:53:52 AM

??? I'm guessing your referring to reading it as we're watching live in TX?

I'll correct it, we're watching the live stream.

I know at least one of the SSA members is actually going to TX to watch, if only we could all be so lucky but I'm happy with watching the stream at the least.
:evil1

You take me way too seriously. 
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

It's my impression that MotoAmerica will be doing some sort of feed but only for the formerly-known-as AMA (now MotoAmerica) series races, not MotoGP.   This press release two hours ago says that Live Streaming MotoAmerica (only) is in the works.

TV Broadcast Schedule Announced For First Two MotoAmerica Rounds, Live Streaming Still In The Works - RoadRacingworld.com

Nothing like waiting until the last minute to get your ducks in a row.

GreenMachine

BBQ'ed burgers sounds good.  Hmm.  If I brought a bottle of wine, I hope I don't become an angry drunk and put my foot through the tele, if Lorenzo wins.

GreenMachine

Quote from: dub on April 09, 2015, 10:16:48 AM
Looks like the weather is going to be a story this weekend. It will make things interesting in GP, but kind of bummed that the inaugural MotoAmerica event will be a wet one.
I have my fingers crossed.  The hour-by-hour forecast so far looks somewhat favorable.  As of now, between 0.04" to 0.09" per hour of precipitation.  If by race day that forecast goes one way or the other, we'll know better if it's drying out or going to be worse.

I know RG's headed there for the race.

GreenMachine

Tahoebrian5

Am I not the only one that's not a Lorenzo fan? He just seems full of negative energy to me. Polar opposite of Rossi.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

slmoto

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on April 10, 2015, 08:15:01 AM
Am I not the only one that's not a Lorenzo fan? He just seems full of negative energy to me. Polar opposite of Rossi.

I'm not huge fan of Lorenzo either. It's not like he's done any one thing to to label him a a-hole, he just kind of gives off that vibe.

dub

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on April 10, 2015, 08:15:01 AM

WhoreGay sucks.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

RichVee4

We are back from our trip to UK so it would be fun to hangout with you guys and watch the race.  Anything you want me to bring? I can bring chips/salsa and guac.

For me its anyone BUT Pedrosa.   It was interesting to see the Honda guys having to work a little harder this year.
Live long and prosper \V/

slmoto

Quote from: RichVee4 on April 10, 2015, 09:44:45 AM
We are back from our trip to UK so it would be fun to hangout with you guys and watch the race.  Anything you want me to bring? I can bring chips/salsa and guac.

For me its anyone BUT Pedrosa.   It was interesting to see the Honda guys having to work a little harder this year.

Welcome back, looking forward to hearing about your trip. Chips/salsa/guac would be great.

I'm not a huge fan of Pedrosa but he kind of falls in the background for me and doesn't bother me much, Lorenzo on the other hand I do find annoying. Too bad for Pedrosa tho, sucks to go out that way, hopefully the surgery will help and he can recover and come back competitive. Definitely nice to see something other than the typical Honda leading the way. Now if only Suzuki could pick up the pace and at least get near the front of the pack, even if they can't get on the podium at the moment.