Main Menu

MotoGP Season Opener Tomorrow Morning

Started by slmoto, March 28, 2015, 07:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slmoto

A couple of us are going to be watching the live stream tomorrow morning if anyone would like to join. I'm in Reno near Midtown, pm me your number if you want to come and I'll text you my address.

Moto3 starts at 8am
Moto2 at 9:20am
MotoGP at 11am

We'll be watching all three but feel free to come for them all or just GP if you're not into the others...

http://www.motogp.com/en/event/Qatar

:GrnWheelie

dub

Ride motorbikes tomorrow; watch them later.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

slmoto

I'm considering doing a little riding after, there will be plenty of day left.

GreenMachine

I made treats to snack on.  Will bring some beer too.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

Quote from: GreenMachine on March 28, 2015, 08:17:12 PM
I made treats to snack on.  Will bring some beer too.

Nice. Maybe I'll fire up the grill, it'll be almost lunch time once the GP race gets going.

GreenMachine

I'll bring enough hamburger for 4 burgers then too.  This is going to be fun!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

If you're into ribs, I just got a rack this afternoon when I went grocery shopping.  If I put them on when Moto3 starts they'll be ready about when MotoGP gets going. Otherwise hamburgers sound good too, I've got all the other fixings that go with them, except buns.

GreenMachine

BBQ ribs sound good too.  :drool  I'll bring the hamburger meat in case there's a crowd. 

:party

GreenMachine

Thanks again SL for hosting the opening round at your house and the BBQ ribs.  Man those were good!

slmoto

Quote from: GreenMachine on March 29, 2015, 05:05:07 PM
Thanks again SL for hosting the opening round at your house and the BBQ ribs.  Man those were good!

No problem, thanks for coming. Turned out to be a great race.

The ride after was nice too until the way back with all the leo presence. That first one we passed on the way down had me scared, right after I finally passed that suv we came up on him and he turned his lights on right as I went by him, I thought for sure he caught a glimpse of me passing the suv but luckily for me he must have been after someone going up hill.

GreenMachine

Two things though in your favor, well three actually.

1) the SUV waved you by
2) you did so in a passing zone
3) you were at or around the posted 45 MPH speed limit.  I know that for a fact, because I was in front of you and I was doing 45 MPH.  So it would have been impossible for any other scenario. 

He probably turned his lights on because your bike, being a 600, sounds like it's going faster than it really is.  That and with the recent accidents, I'm sure they're just doing their best to protect and serve the community without coming down harshly on tourists.

slmoto

I was taking it easy because there were a number of riders coming up signaling there were cops ahead but still gets my heart going when you see those light come on. Even if everything you mentioned is true it's still their word against yours and I'd rather avoid all contact with them regardless if I'm in the right.

This wasn't a flash of the lights warning, I was checking my mirrors he was off after someone going uphill, just coincidence he turned his lights on right at the moment I was approaching and passing.

GreenMachine

That would explain the second sheriff's vehicle coming up the road quickly, shortly thereafter.  I never saw the first LEO's lights, because I assumed both of us were in the clear...we had done nothing to give them anything to go into pursuit over...IMHO.

I totally agree with you, though.  You are correct and you responded prudently.

Tahoebrian5

How about that race! The ducs are fast this year, but Rossi is faster. Looking to be an exciting race season. How long before the aftermarket community starts selling aftermarket side spoilers to emulate the ducs?
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

slmoto

Yeah, awesome race. Nice to see another manufacturer competing for a change, should make for a more interesting season. Although there's still a good chance Marquez is going to dominate, without his early mistake this race could have been a lot different. Ducati also loses 2 liters of fuel for the rest of the season do to their podium finishes, hopefully it doesn't effect them much, it would be nice to see three manufactures compete through the entire season instead of the usual Yamaha/Honda duel.

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on April 01, 2015, 07:38:17 AM
How long before the aftermarket community starts selling aftermarket side spoilers to emulate the ducs?

Probably not long, wouldn't be surprised if they're already out there. The new H2R has them too, maybe these guys are on to something.