Spooner/Monitor Friday 3/27 1PM

Started by Sub-Sonic, March 25, 2015, 04:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sub-Sonic

Meet at ARCO
4190 S Carson St, Carson City, NV

Spooner grade up and back

Monitor pass out and back

'back roads' in between, rest stops at the turn around point on both.

fuel up at Arco and then at Maverick in Garderville on the way back.

need to be home by 4:30, so limited resting.

Also looking to do something 'goatish' on Sunday, maybe MRR or thereabouts, leaving around 10-11am

GreenMachine

Hmmm.   Can we get there via Tioga, then I'd drop everything.

j/k  I think I'll be working then, high probability.  But if my plans change, I'll post up and join you.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

I'm in.

Will need to still get some things done in the morning and get a bunch of stuff done in order to get down there in time.  I'll post up tomorrow to be certain.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Sub-Sonic

Quote from: GreenMachine on March 26, 2015, 11:37:50 PM
I'm in.
I'll post up tomorrow to be certain.

kewl, make it happen.

Don't need to be back by a certain time now, so no rush.

GreenMachine

It's still looking good for me this morning.  Figure I'll blow out of work around 11:00, get on the road around noon and take in VC on the way down.

GreenMachine

They tried to trick me into giving the fruits of my labor for free, but I said not a chance, I'm going riding.

;D

C U at 1.

Sub-Sonic

Good ride GM

The ZX-9 was groovin'

GreenMachine

Thanks for going slow for me, SS.  A really great day to take the afternoon off to enjoy.  Just fun.

Even got back to town within a timely fashion.  I was only 45 mins late and semi-smelly after today's workout.

Bummed about the media.  There were no action pics.  Gonna have to look at the video to see if there's any nuggets in there.

KKM

I am planning on going over Monitor on sunday and was wondering how the road is. I will be coming back from Bridgeport latter in the day.
Kevin
2009 Aprilia RSV1000R
2012 KTM990R ADV
2013 KTM 500XCW

Sub-Sonic

Quote from: KKM on March 28, 2015, 07:23:57 AM
I am planning on going over Monitor on sunday and was wondering how the road is. I will be coming back from Bridgeport latter in the day.
Kevin

It is clean except for a few spots at the top on the west side.  These spots are a thin layer of dirt that is visible.

GreenMachine

Pretty much the dirtiest I've ever seen it.  But then, this is unusually early in the season for passes to even be open, much less almost completely devoid of snow. 

The entire side east of the saddleback is 100% clean.  The section through the aspens on the west side of the saddleback going down has another, yes, another new layer of gooey tar snakes and many of the corners have a thin layer of silty dirt...think hwy 49 ditch cleaning.  Following behind SS, his back tire was kicking up a small plume of it. 

Once past the best of Monitor's west-side corners and on down past the fishing reservoir it's clean again.

On another riding conditions note, the VC truck route is the main travel path on that side of VC and some douche has thrown gravel down on every turn, but just the turns.  >:( 

dub

Quote from: KKM on March 28, 2015, 07:23:57 AM
Kevin

Come ride dirt with us tomorrow.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

KKM

Hi Dub,
I have been hitting the dirt pretty hard lately, if it rains I would love to get in the dirt again. For now it is time to get some street riding in. Last year was very short for me so I need to make up some street miles. T-Hill is only a month away.
Kevin
2009 Aprilia RSV1000R
2012 KTM990R ADV
2013 KTM 500XCW

dub

Yeah it was a little dusty today. Luckily I was leading all day so idgaf.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019