Main Menu

Playing hooky on Friday

Started by GreenMachine, March 04, 2015, 08:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Thinking of riding over to California again to explore.  C pace, if anyone's interested in tagging along.  Looking for some sunshine and warm skies.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

I'm considering tagging along, I'll know for sure later today after I get a better idea where I'm at with work stuff.

What time are you thinking of leaving, do you have a route in mind...?

GreenMachine

Maybe 10:00 AM or thereafter.  Haven't given it much thought.  Thinking of the roads out behind Grass Valley, the ones Mel and Brian have taken me on.  They're all pretty decent road and quite scenic too.  They even have painted lines, which makes me wonder why Mel ever took us on them in the first place. :evil1
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

As of now, I'm on track to probably go, I'll confirm this afternoon.

What do you think of heading out via 89 to 49, adds quite a bit of time but might be more scenic so long as the roads are relatively clear. Just thinking it may be nice to cut down being on 80 at least either there or back. Just a thought...

slmoto

I'm up for a ride tomorrow if you're still planning on going?

RichVee4

Have fun.  I will be thinking about you while I'm working  :'(
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

SL, I was thinking the same thing.  Might be a challenge getting over Yuba and it'll certainly be sandy, if not blocked after the recent snows.  The alternate and perhaps less risky way would be to go ol' boring 80 to 20 to 49 and backtrack to Yuba.  Or the same route we went last time, to Dogbar, to 49, back to Yuba. 

We can see how frisky we're feeling tomorrow.  Temps will be dropping quickly in Truckee.  We should plan on being back through there by 5:00.

C U at *bucks in the morning.

GreenMachine

Quote from: RichVee4 on March 05, 2015, 05:42:40 PM
Have fun.  I will be thinking about you while I'm working  :'(
Sorry you couldn't make it Rich. 

:moon :moon

We promise we won't enjoy the ride.  More like work than...

ah, who am I kidding.  Too bad for you!!! :evil1

slmoto

Sounds good, see you at Starbucks,  10am I take it? I'll be there at 10 unless I hear otherwise.

GreenMachine

10 sounds good.  If temps are okay, we'll go then.  If for whatever reason they're not, we'll kill a few minutes until it is.

GreenMachine

Nah, you guys didn't miss much. 

Y'all did the right thing by working indoors today.

:P

:D

:cheers

:evil1