Main Menu

Motorcycle Vs. Car (fatal)

Started by Justin, September 23, 2008, 10:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

Not all the facts are in.  Most 21 year olds on motorcycles are idiots (how's that for a sweeping generalization) and he may have been going 96 mph judging from the skid marks and damage.  She took nyquil not realizing there was alcohol in it, and she also used an athsma inhaler (which artificially increases blood alcohol levels)  Any driver has the right to estimate the rider closing at a reasonable speed.  Frequently drivers making a left and killing a motorcyclist are not guilty of any wrongdoing.

In our world, there is too much speculation, assumption and demonizing.  We do this because it is intellectually easier, I know because I do it all the time. 
I hope there is an appropriate investigation and trial and that she is punished to the degree she deserves.
It's just a terrible situation, which is also terribly common.

Ride Safe, I care about you all very much.

Rand

I have a son that's 15 years old.  He works in a bike (bicycle) shop and so I get to talk to lots of "kids" 15-25 years old.

There have been several statements, suggesting that today's youth has no compassion and that somebody could accidentally kill a motorcyclist and not feel anything, or that they don't deserve to be punished.  One post (I won't quote it here) even suggested that by looking at the picture, you could tell she had no remorse.

I don't know who you all have been talling to, but in my world, that's just f&*ng ridiculous.

Justin

It's not stupidity.  It's because he's upset and afraid of what this means.  Imagine someone that just got into riding after a twenty year break.  Imagine how many times he thought about the sanity of the decision to 'try riding' again.  Imagine the conversations he had with his wife trying to insure her that he would stay safe and alive.
Those comments came from that place.  I understand not wanting to live in a chaotic world that can change forever and end for no good reason, whatsoever.
I am glad that your experience with today's youth has been positive, (mine too)
There's a great kid that comes to bike nights.  John Luke is an awesome kid.  He's 15 and someone I am proud to call a 'friend.'

HossZX14

It just sucks for all involved..My prayers go out.
Yes I am a madass