Main Menu

Roll Call - 08/25/13 Open schedule ride. You choose.

Started by GreenMachine, August 19, 2013, 10:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RenoRider75

This sounds like a really fun ride!  I might be in; just not sure on plans with the family quite yet.  I should know by tomorrow afternoon.

Ride safe!

RichVee4

Darn fires!!! Link with some web cams of Tahoe and satellite images.  The Yosemite fire is huge and growing fast, heard this morning 1% contained, smoke covering most of the proposed route.    We can check late saturday but I am thinking about plan B

http://www.rntl.net/tahoecam.htm
Live long and prosper \V/

288RR

Well from what I'm hearing is that the smoke is hanging around all weekend

nvgixxer

Quote from: 288cbr on August 23, 2013, 12:21:14 PM
Well from what I'm hearing is that the smoke is hanging around all weekend
Unfortunately Dan, I think you're correct. ARGHH....................  >:(
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RocketRider

Quote from: dub on August 19, 2013, 01:51:45 PM
No cars allowed.
:angel

Just put the new rectifier in last night sooooo screw you ;D. lol
I'm in for at least part of it. I'm 0/2, looking for 1/3! 9am maverick yar?
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

GreenMachine

New rectifier, but does it start and how long will the battery hold a charge?

Rocket Scientist.  Do I have to think of everything? :spank
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

288RR

Well do we want to try to do that ride? Or. How about a Sunday lunch run for BBQ up to vc?  What are the ideas floating around?

RocketRider

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 23, 2013, 06:41:20 PM
Your fetishes disturb me

I am personally a fan of shorter rides, but I will be there where ever we go. I'll throw a vote in for VC and truck route to ?
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

288RR

Quote from: RocketRider on August 23, 2013, 10:15:21 PM
Quote from: GreenMachine on August 23, 2013, 06:41:20 PM
Your fetishes disturb me

I am personally a fan of shorter rides, but I will be there where ever we go. I'll throw a vote in for VC and truck route to ?

Im still not feeling truck route, since the reseal,  but six mile is still good.  Well. Dont let me change the ride,  ill be game for what ever. 

Grey Goat

I'm probably going to bail on riding anywhere local tomorrow.  Smoke is not getting any better.  Y'all ride safe! 

288RR

With all the smoke i won't be making a long run, I will be at the maverick @10am.  Head up to vc for some BBQ and six mile canyon.  And maybe truck route ( I just don't like the reseal they did).   If it sounds good to you ill see you at 10

:blackbike :redbike2 :ylwbike2 :help

RocketRider

PIN IT TO WIN IT!

nvgixxer

It doesn't look good out there guys, worse here in CC than it was yesterday morning. This morning the Air Quality Index is in the "unhealthy" range. Pretty smoky out there. And I soooo wanted to ride this weekend and was looking forward to meeting new faces, but I think I'll bail.
It's all GM's fault you know! He screwed everything up just because he couldn't ride this weekend! Well, he'd best be rested up and ready to roll next weekend!!  ;)
For those of you that might be doing the VC thing, ride safe! Oh, Daniel? The truck route is just fine! The surface is a little bit uneven in places, but there is no loose gravel left.
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

RichVee4

You guys have fun.  Looks like Sonora will have to wait.   We're going to do a little sunday drive with the dog and head over the hill to CA, see if we can get out of the smoke.  At least moto GP is on so we can watch some riding later :)
Live long and prosper \V/