Main Menu

Bike Nights around town

Started by Raingang, June 28, 2010, 03:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: TWF on June 29, 2010, 12:39:08 AM
Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on June 29, 2010, 12:31:28 AM
.not very Italian but still delicious ;)
I heard pizza is American origin, not some spaghetti dude?

Wow wow wow...Pizza was invented first by the Etruscans, ancient inhabitants of the southern Italian peninsula, 500/600ac. although rudimentary, the flat bread, baked in stone ovens, would have as topping, sea salt, lard and local herbs. The modern pizza was created around the 1600, after Columbus came back from  America with tomatoes (originally from Peru). During the 1800 the pizza exploded on the world tables, both in Europe and the US thanks to Italian immigrants. Also at that time an Italian Pizzaiolo; Raffaele Esposito marries the two main ingredients of the modern pizza: Pomodoro and Mozzarella in honor of the Queen Margherita, wife of  Umberto I King of Italy. So the pizza Margherita was born, which took the world by storm and it is still the most famous pizza on the planet. I thing the Greeks made Feta... ;D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

TWF

In other words mafia stole it from greeks and started selling all over the world  ;D
ps. we still have flat bread in my country and eat it without any stuff on it. It is from old times and only done in villages. 

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: TWF on June 29, 2010, 12:58:54 AM
In other words mafia stole it from greeks and started selling all over the world  ;D
ps. we still have flat bread in my country and eat it without any stuff on it. It is from old times and only done in villages. 
Yep, that's about it :D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

n10sive

couldn't find a pizza in Italy when I was there (Naples). But did find ones cooked in stone ovens by Tunisians in the South of France made like Alberto described the original.

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike