Main Menu

Please update your Profile

Started by A DRAGON, June 16, 2010, 12:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cobra23

A DRAGON

You don't have to put in your first and last names. One name would be fine. Ted K. , Dale , or what ever.

In my world I don't need all that secrecy.
My Insurance agent knows what I do. I have my Motorcycles insured through him. My job at the time. Pays for my health insurance. I'm not racing. I have coverage. If riding a motorcycle keeps you from getting a promotion you should probably be more honest with them. I've never heard of that before. If someone at work wants to know more about your private life and you don't want to tell them. Tell them it's non of their business or say I'd rather not comment. Everyone I know would respect that.

Justino we all know who you are and your name by now. If you don't want to add anymore then don't. Quite taking this so personal. :'( :'( :'( For the love of elevation.

For me honesty has always been the best policy. Just because you ride a motorcycle don't mean you race around on the streets all the time and do wheelies. Or your part of a motorcycle gang. Do they think your the type of person who always goes out every weekend to pick fights with people too? Just because your part of a motorcycle riding club?

Sierra Sport Bike has never been like this. I think we all work hard at changing the image of people who ride the cafe racers and were not afraid to tell people. We don't do that!!!!! All those wild silly things on motorcycles like riding  Wheelies on the street or speeding up and down McCarran at 100+ speeds. That's not us. We grew up!!!!  

You broke your collar bone at the track. People do that playing Baseball or softball every day.That doesn't make them less of a person. Promotions I feel are based on your ability at work. Not your personal life.  You wear full leathers to minimize the damage if you fall. That's better than a lot of the people on the street.
You take what your doing seriously. That to me would make any employer or future employer  feel more comfortable with what you do. During the interview aren't you honest? That's what I do.

When I was applying for my position with UPS. They told me just be honest. Because if they find out  I lied about the smallest detail. It would have them wondering. What else I'd be lying about. Or hiding from them. If something major happens, would I be trying to hide something again? If you use them as a reference I'm sure if that really meant something to them. They would ask all your references. So they would know anyway.  

If you want to use this Website to blast your employer or be a shit stirrer. Please don't use us for that. We don't want to hear about all your problems. We just want to ride MOTORCYCLES. That's it. If you have all these other personal issues you should seek help some where else. Or vent them on another forum. We don't offer that hear. We ride Motorcycles. We want to ride them fast and hone our skills.  We do that by doing our testing on the track not the Street. We all agree on this I hope. Because that's what we advocate on this site. Our name is Sierra Sport Bike Association.  We use motorcycles as a recreational venue. We ask everyone to ride responsibility. And to please be safe. If you have any comments about riding Motorcycles. You are free to voice them here. In a respectful manner. That's what this site is about. That's what this club is about. So if your going to write something down that can come back and bite you in the ass later. Maybe you should keep it to your self.  

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. That's not what I wanted to do. This is just getting way out of hand. We just want to know your name.  :-*
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Justino

Thanks Jerome,
It all makes sense, now.

Riding on the street is a lot like living with your parents.