Main Menu

Please update your Profile

Started by A DRAGON, June 16, 2010, 12:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justino

Everyone calls me Justino, anyway.

My real name is on my windscreen AND the tail section of my bike, so I guess i'm good.
I'd rather not shout "Hey, Team Gorgonzola!  Do you have any plexus?" from across the paddock, so I understand.
Riding on the street is a lot like living with your parents.

Adiggity

Quote from: Justino on July 01, 2010, 11:16:30 AM

My real name is on my windscreen AND the tail section of my bike, so I guess i'm good.
I'd rather not shout "Hey, Team Gorgonzola!  Do you have any plexus?" from across the paddock, so I understand.
Uh oh, hopefully none of your colleagues, clients or employer come to a trackday. They may solve the big mystery of "who is that Justino guy" on the SSA forum...... :D

This is a choice/suggestion. If you don't want to do it it's not required. Just a friendly suggestion so we can identify each other a little better. That is all. Carry on folks.  :)

Justino

Quote from: Adiggity on July 01, 2010, 12:56:26 PM

Uh oh, hopefully none of your colleagues, clients or employer come to a trackday. They may solve the big mystery of "who is that Justino guy" on the SSA forum.
I know you're joking, but in all honesty the revers is a big concern. 
When my clients, employer, colleagues 'google' my real name, I don't want them seeing clavicle x-rays, my small arms weapons and tactics knowledge, or my opinion of Casey Stoner.
It's none of their business who crashed on what group ride, or how many track-days I'm doing.

n10sive

Quote from: Justino on July 01, 2010, 01:21:25 PM
I know you're joking, but in all honesty the revers is a big concern. 
When my clients, employer, colleagues 'google' my real name, I don't want them seeing clavicle x-rays, my small arms weapons and tactics knowledge, or my opinion of Casey Stoner.
It's none of their business who crashed on what group ride, or how many track-days I'm doing.

but if they came here and saw your avatar they would go "who is that sexy man on the bike" LOL
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

A DRAGON

Quote from: Adiggity on July 01, 2010, 12:56:26 PM

Uh oh, hopefully none of your colleagues, clients or employer come to a trackday. They may solve the big mystery of "who is that Justino guy" on the SSA forum...... :D

This is a choice/suggestion. If you don't want to do it it's not required. Just a friendly suggestion so we can identify each other a little better. That is all. Carry on folks.  :)

Yo Diggity Thanks again I would like it to be voluntary. If you need that much insulation from your job. Maybe you shouldn't be writing it. All of us know you. But the newer people don't. It's just a suggestion to make it easier for us as club members to get to know our names better. It's not an invasion of your right to privacy. Just for us to be on a real name basis. If you would comply it would be greatly appreciated. ;)

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Justino

Quote from: A DRAGON on July 01, 2010, 01:32:31 PM
If you need that much insulation from your job. Maybe you shouldn't be writing it.
You don't get it, lemme explain more clearly.

I should be able to post a picture of my broken clavicle here and not have a concerned telephone call from a client.
It's vital to maintain healthy boundaries in my profession.  Clients frequently have strong, and an often unhealthy desire to develop close relationships. . . BUT YOU GUYS AND GALS ARE MY FRIENDS and I have a different comfort level about what I can share.
Also, my life insurance and health insurance companies don't need to know that I ride motorcycles on the track, the same for my boss or my future employers.

I don't need to be mysteriously 'dropped' by my life insurance company.
I don't want to see my private health insurance rates mysteriously increase.
I don't want to passed over for a promotion because a close friend of my boss was killed while riding one month ago.
I don't want my next employer to wonder if I do wheelies on the highway.
  In my life, these are real issues.

Is there something wrong with 'Justino?'
My friends' children call me Justino, as do all of you.  
It's not as if I am asking you to call me 'Night Hawk'
http://www.entertonement.com/clips/vbcdhlbctv--Have-to-call-meWill-Ferrell-John-C-Reilly-Step-Brothers-Brennan-Huff-

Team Gorgonzola

I have to say that my life insurance people as well as my banker don't need to know the details of my life. I actually agreed not to race in any motor sport (and I don't) and not to put my life in risky situations (do to my business). This is a very public forum and I want to keep my personal life private.  So my name will still be Team Gorgonzola, and I feel anybody can choose to have a user-name if they want, for their own reasons. I always introduce myself to "real" people with my user-name and then my real name. Grazie
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

n10sive

I have actually had an employer (recently) google my name and then started asking me about motorcycling and some of my posts on another forum. Gave me the creeps.

It is becoming more and more common too. I also know of other organizations that look at facebook and other social sites to keep track of employees/members.

Welcome to Amerika, land of the free :(

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Team Gorgonzola

Yep, I Google myself and the facebook account showed up.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

cobra23

Take a look at the name on my icon deelee, there are ways around all that.

Ted K. (cobra23)

jlavallee

I totally get some of you being a bit careful. Not everyone wants to put their name on the board and that is fine, personally, I don't even worry about a reason as it is nobody's business why. If it doesn't bother you then go ahead and maybe yeah, it is better not to use the full name anyway as some valid points were made.

I can only speak for myself but I'm saying "thanks" to anyone who will post their first name and a honest "I understand, no problem" for anyone who doesn't want to.

TWF

I don't want them seeing clavicle x-rays,
I have no problem showing my x-ray or name
<-----  ;D

Team Gorgonzola

-Hunter S. Thompson-

Justino

Quote from: TWF on July 01, 2010, 07:10:09 PM
<-----  ;D
We're Laughing Our Asses Off here, also :) 

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: Justino on July 02, 2010, 12:41:43 AM
Quote from: TWF on July 01, 2010, 07:10:09 PM
<-----  ;D
We're Laughing Our Asses Off here, also :) 

LOAO  :D
-Hunter S. Thompson-