Main Menu

Ice House SSA/SCR roll call, Sunday June 13th

Started by GreenMachine, June 12, 2010, 07:47:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

There are several routes and meeting points for Sunday's ride.  So if you are running behind, just take this itinerary (& ADragon's phone#) with you and you'll know where you can catch either group. Post up to let leaders know where you'd like to join up.  The stories at lunch time should be phenomenal.

My intended route (North) is to go I-80/89/49/20/49/50 <==Link,leaving Reno 7AM, on the exact route as I took for last Saturday's ride.  I'll be picking up two to three riders along the way.  SSA South is A Dragon's group departing from Carson City (Topsy Lane Starbucks).

Early group on the long route north
7:00 AM 4th St & W. McCarran Chevron departure
7:30 AM I-80/Hwy 89 Truckee
7:50 AM Sierraville General Store on I-89, just prior to the 49 T
10:00 AM Elm St. Chevron, Auburn, CA (my route) Google maps waypoint D
~11:00-11:20 AM Fresh Pond Chevron, Hwy 50 (my route joining SCR riders) waypoint F
~11:30 AM Hwy 50 and Ice House Rd at the T (SSA groups & SCR converge)

Main SSA group lead by A Dragon
8:15 AM Reno Departure Starbucks @ 720 S. Meadows Parkway, just east of Double R Blvd.
9:15 AM Topsy Ln, Carson City Starbucks
9:30 AM Depart Starbucks
11:15 - 11:45 T at Hwy 50 & Ice House Rd.  Converge with early SSA North group and SCR South riders.

SCR has at least two groups riding Sunday, one coming in from Georgetown and riding East, the other joining us at Hwy 50 & Ice House Rd.  Lunch time is usually taken in Georgetown.  I know they have an authentic Mexican restaurant and I think also a pizza parlor.

It should be an exciting day.  Dress appropriately.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

A DRAGON

If your leaving from Reno. Let's meet at the Starbucks on South Meadows Parkway. We will be turning keys from there at 8:15 going over V.C. Hwy into Carson City..  We should me at Topsy Ln by 9:15. (Starbucks) We will be turning keys from there at 9:30.  If you need to contact me you can call my cell    560-6998
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

n10sive

just to let everyone know, it's Carson Valley Days down here right now. Sunday all roads should be open. However, the Alpine Alpina bike group will be conducting rides all over the Sierra's this weekend...which means...yes...you guessed it...spandexed people all over the road. So be safe and keep an eye out for them!
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

GreenMachine

;)  Cool.  Thanks n10sive!

***Not to confuse anyone.  The main SSA group is riding with A Dragon (see above)***

I'm leading an early SSA North crew (a fivesome), now up to an initial party of two meeting at the 4th street & McCarran Chevron car wash.  Departing 7AM.  Picking up one in Truckee, one in Sierravilla and one more in Auburn.  Everybody is getting excited.  This is going to be an awesome day!

Reports as current as Wednesday confirmed that Wentworth Springs rd is still only 9/10ths there.  Today's SCR riders haven't reported in yet.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Team Gorgonzola

I hate you guys,my motocicletta is sick and I took it at Daugherty General Hospital  For Sick Moto.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

A DRAGON

I heard Scott Russell call in a Gernade. Remember when he said that at a Daytona Race. That was tight
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

Everybody for my group checked in.  It's surprising how many people DON'T have Internet access.

I'll be bringing a group of five.  See you guys down there around 11:30 AM. 

edmunsan

Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on June 12, 2010, 06:37:07 PM
I hate you guys,my motocicletta is sick and I took it at Daugherty General Hospital  For Sick Moto.
Moto get well soon!
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

STOPPIE

Just for you guys a couple of us did the loop today , well not exactly.

Icehouse is perfectly clear and clean from 50 to Wentworth

Wentworth has 1 lane still snowed in, just one lane for about 25 yards the rest is fairly clean and ready for railing.

Just remember there may be debris from time to time, A few of us are riding up backwards to the meet at 50 and Icehouse and we will stop along the way and clear any obstacles like fresh rocks in the road etc.

See ya all tomorrow.
CARL

A DRAGON

Kool Stoppie. We'll see you in the morning.  Ride baby Ride.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Captain

I am from Sacramento.  I did this ride today, I have the blue ZX-10R.  It was good meeting and riding with SSA as well as SCR.  The ride was great, and lunch at Georgetown was real good.  I will try to ride with SSA in the future.

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: kneejerk on June 12, 2010, 10:40:07 PM
Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on June 12, 2010, 06:37:07 PM
I hate you guys,my motocicletta is sick and I took it at Daugherty General Hospital  For Sick Moto.
Moto get well soon!

Thanks amico, the doctor has her right now ;)
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

GreenMachine

SCR's group was ginormous!   Met a few of them, but after about the sixth rider, I forgot the names of the first.  :P  I hope to get them right on the Solstice ride.

Everybody from the two SSA groups had fun without any incidents, LEO or otherwise.  Just a blast.  It turned out that we headed over for lunch at around 1PM and that's when the CHP cruisers and helicopter showed up to pass the hat.  A few of theirs took one for the team.  That always sux!  And do they ride fast.  My worn out front was pushing, so that was my excuse.   ;)

Not many pictures today, mainly b/c I had to concentrate on keeping the train on schedule.  I have got to stop one of these times and take some long lens shots of the action.  As always, click on  the first picture to view the entire set.  Here's a sample.

Wills comparing MP3 playlists apparently.  ::)  Jason kept checking his stock prices all day.

Kenny and his street fighter '98 ZX-9r

Oh man did that hit the spot!  A Dragon and his persuasive nature picked up new riders for the club as he went.  The SCR bunch was like our extended family today.  What a great bunch of skilled sport riders.

POSER 511

jerome it was good to see you if only for a few minutes. i will see you on sunday.
great pic's look's like you guy's and gal's had a great time.

n10sive

Looks like Jerome has a brother across the table from him  :o
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike