Main Menu

Helicopter Insurance (aka: air ambulance)

Started by Justin, April 28, 2010, 05:21:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

The FlightCare Membership Plan covers reasonable and medically appropriate use of ENLOE air ambulance or that of a reciprocating program.

http://www.enloe.org/medical_services/flightcare_program/flightcare_membership_program.asp

Inexpensive.  Individual covered for $40
                   Family covered for $50

I'll buy a membership just so they can remain airborne!

Oneup

Say you are affiliated with Zoom Zoom or the AFM and you will get a discount.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

youngster775

2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

edmunsan

Coverage map vague. I shall call tommorrow for clarification for coverage area and line item #6 under statement of understanding. 6. Membership can be cancelled at anytime for any reason, warrants clarification. Beyond that sounds like a great deal!
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

Justin

I hear ya.  Miller T-Hill and Reno area is what I researched.  They have partnerships with two others agencies one being CalStar
Oneup has some knowledge on this.
Perhaps we'll hear from him

zipbyu

Quote from: Justino on April 28, 2010, 10:25:27 PM
I hear ya.  Miller T-Hill and Reno area is what I researched.  They have partnerships with two others agencies one being CalStar
Oneup has some knowledge on this.
Perhaps we'll hear from him

What about infineon?

dmh2000

www.calstar.org also has a $40.00 individual membership that has reciprocal agreements with Enloe and Reno careflight. One advantage of calstar is that you can sign up online instead of snail mail. reno careflight has a similar membership $55.00.
dave

Bigcat

When I recently registered my new SPOT gps locator, a similar option was available as an "reimbursement" program that I believe covered all of North America. I think the pricing was similar. I'll have to dig out the paperwork and check.

youngster775

I already have it, can I be changed over to be put under the SSA catagory?
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

n10sive

Quote from: youngster775 on April 29, 2010, 11:18:53 AM
I already have it, can I be changed over to be put under the SSA catagory?

Ditto (and Dandelion)
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

n10sive

Dandelion and I are on the 'family' plan. not sure if that counts as one or two :)

bkrblood

i would be in just wondering is this primarily at tracks or say i go down on the road and need to be air lifted out is that covered as well?
John Bovet

n10sive

Quote from: bkrblood on April 29, 2010, 05:59:48 PM
i would be in just wondering is this primarily at tracks or say i go down on the road and need to be air lifted out is that covered as well?

It is full time coverage. They don't care where you crash LOL

Oneup

I have enloe.  I looked into it and it covers the most of California, Oregan, Idaho, Northern Utah and Northern Nevada.  Not sure about Vegas area.  The important part to me is it covers Infineon, RFR, Thunderhill, Miller, Buttonwillow, and Laguna Seca.  Well worth it.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

bkrblood

ok so how does it work, u get really hurt and u need to be airlifted how would they know you have the coverage and to get the right airlift?
John Bovet