Main Menu

MLADIN RETIRES

Started by heerball1, July 31, 2009, 09:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2wcp

I've heard that he wants to go back to Australia and race there, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I've always been a Mladin fan also.
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

cobra23

Quote from: zipbyu on July 31, 2009, 11:15:11 PM
     D.M.G. enough said?  No!  I love watching ben and matt mix in up untill the dmg pick on matt(for what ever reason) in the mid season last year.  It drove him out.  Matt would of won as easy as Ben is doing this year in WSB. It shows what the world class racing is in the US, but not the orgination of the dmg ama holes.
     Rock Page has his story too.  Hacking also.  That is a chick flick.  Too much drama this year and last.
     WSK thats where it is at.   

My gut feeling as well.

However, the racing seems closer now then it has been in several years. Mat seems like a no b.s.....drama person.

Justin

I can't watch it long enough to see how close it is.
It is as underwhelming as North Carolina
(the home of nascar)

cobra23

The 600 Super bird/slash sport daytona / Earnhardt / bike of tomarrow I dunno what it is class, in Kansas race 2, with Danny Eslick smokin the rear tire...reminded me of the old days..it was good close raciing all the way to the end.

I still dont get the Buell 1125R running in the 600 class, the Ducati 1098 runs in the Litre class.

All good though it is good to see more factories involved.

jlavallee

Yeah, I don't need it to be forced close racing to enjoy it. Probably the best race I saw was at Barbor in Alabama when Ben was just starting to win in 05' I think. Matt and Ben destroyed the field and you could hear how much earlier they got on the gas compared to everyone else. That was racing, not some Buell against a 600.

To be honest, I think they should put in weight limits like 125 has because the riders are all going like horse jockeys. No traction control (at least not mapped to each corner) and a fair weight limit for bike and rider then just give the usual rules. Dani Pedrosa getting hole because he's 50lbs lighter than everyone else is pretty foolish. Mladin has said many times that he is just too heavy to be competative in GP. When he tested the GSVR with Roberts and Hopkins a few years ago they all lamented how 150 was becoming the "heavy" weight for a GP rider. Matt should of went to GP years ago in my opinion, that would of been awesome. 

Adiggity

Quote from: cobra23 on August 04, 2009, 12:18:48 AM
I still dont get the Buell 1125R running in the 600 class, the Ducati 1098 runs in the Litre class.
It has to do with the horsepower rating of the Buell.

Buell ratings
http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/buell_1125r_2009.php

Ducati ratings
http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/ducati_superbike_1098r_bayliss_le_2009.php

cobra23

A DRAGON

Yo Diggity. I see the Buell is 140 HP and the Ducati is 180 HP. So what are the 600's putting out? I couldn't find the specs on them in that thread.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

rapidrobbie

The 600s are pretty close to the buell,but given the rules I would be surprised if any of the 6hundos make over 125-130hp
"Sorry,but you can't get there from here"
Robbie Hoyt

jlavallee

I suspect that even if the HP numbers are the same, the Buell will have a little bit of a torque advantage. :D

TWF

Quote from: rapidrobbie on August 09, 2009, 04:21:06 AM
The 600s are pretty close to the buell,but given the rules I would be surprised if any of the 6hundos make over 125-130hp
120 by what they said when DMG tested them on dyno. buell 140

A DRAGON

Wow!!!! How do they get away with that?
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Justin

because they are totally lame, jerome

Adiggity

Quote from: A DRAGON on August 10, 2009, 01:36:05 AM
Wow!!!! How do they get away with that?
Because Buell gives a lot of money to DMG. They are one of the main sponsors of that series. Anyone notice the pace bike is a Buell? Someone told me though that the M4 Suzuki is close to making 140hp. Don't know how true it is.....I couldn't find the specs for those bikes either. The Buell definitely has an advantage over the 600's though either way. Gotta be frustrating for everyone that has to try and race against it.

n10sive

I've stopped watching AMA 'American Supersport' because of this sh*t after watching the last series. Seriously...it's aggravating watching the Buell run by the 600's every race. It's not even fun to watch anymore. I'll keep watching Superbike for a bit just to see what Mladin does next, but WSBK and MotoGP is where it's at now.

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike