Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

New to SSA

Started by Rooster, June 15, 2009, 08:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rooster

Hey everybody I've been lurking about the site for a while now and finally picked up a bike, so i figured I should make an account and introduce myself.  My names Kelly (I'm a guy... just thought I'd throw that out there with the unisex-actually-somewhat-girly name), 20 years old, from Fallon (about 60 miles east of Carson or Reno on hwy 50) and I'm pretty new to the sport bike scene.  I've ridden on dirt plenty of times in the past, and took MSF a few weeks back to get my license, but thats pretty much it for my street experience.  I picked up an '06 CBR600rr this weekend in vegas, but I don't really know anyone in the area.  Figured I'd start here :p 

ChrisM

welcome. I'm new here too, this board has been the only thing keeping me somewhat sane.  Moving from Portland which was a sportbike playground to the high desert has made me lose some desire to ride but through this board and BIg Al @ RFR I've found some decent places to put two wheels. 

nice bike as well.

-chris.

jlavallee

Welcome. You'll find a good bunch here for group rides and track days so ride smart and be safe!

JENX!!!

WELCOME!!!!
there is a bunch of us here in fallon too. ;D, are you militay?
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

Rooster

Thanks guys.  I'm pretty stoked about my new bike :)  I got some seat time in Vegas, but not really enough to get used to the bike.  Its a little heavier and alot faster than what I'm used to!  I might join you for a weekend ride ones I've got a few more miles under my belt.  

As for RFR, I'd love it, but i've heard its pretty expensive, maybe you can enlighten me.  Which part of the track do they use for motorcycle track days?  Or do they switch it up?

Good to hear theres people in Fallon!  I've seen a few sport bikes (mostly at McDonald's, whats with that?) but mostly old guys and Harleys :p  I'm not in the Navy, though.  I moved up here with my parents about 6 years ago.  My old man's side of the family lives here and in Elko, so we came up from Vegas to be a little closer.  Talk about culture shock.

JENX!!!

Most trackday providers use configuration C for RFR. LOTS of fun!!!! SSA has the cheapest TD., just need to have your gear and your bike ready., Trackdays aren't expensive if you compare it to a speeding ticket + insurance increase or an accident on the street., plus you WILL learn alot about your bike on the track that you wont be able to see on the street.

Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

Rooster

Quote from: JENX!!! on June 15, 2009, 09:53:44 PM
Most trackday providers use configuration C for RFR. LOTS of fun!!!! SSA has the cheapest TD., just need to have your gear and your bike ready., Trackdays aren't expensive if you compare it to a speeding ticket + insurance increase or an accident on the street., plus you WILL learn alot about your bike on the track that you wont be able to see on the street.

Which is config C?  I don't see anything on their website about the different configurations, just an areal (did i spell that right?) view of the whole track.  I race on the clay track here in Fallon and learned alot about driving in general, and I noticed it slowed me down on the street. 

Do you have to get any certification through RFR before you can attend track days?

n10sive

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Justin

I bet you'll find a few people to show around config C at the next track day.  July 27th
Heck, I'll tow you around and show you the ropes.  What are you doing tuesday nights?  Come to reno for our bike night!

MotoPutz

Well welcome to the group! You will get more help and info then you will every thought you wanted. Dont let Jenx scary you though, you will understand when you meet him...  ;) please join us at bike night Tuesday at La Vecchia in Reno. You can plan a ride in with Weavefish and Jenx.

weavefish

YAR!!!!!!!!  a fallon resident as well PM me if you ever want to go... cant ride there atm... no rubbers till this weekend :) oh and welcome  :o
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

weavefish

Quote from: scotinexcile on June 16, 2009, 07:31:27 AM
Quote from: weavefish on June 16, 2009, 07:25:57 AM
YAR!!!!!!!!  a fallon resident as well PM me if you ever want to go... cant ride there atm... no rubbers till this weekend :) oh and welcome  :o

There si such a comment there *LOL* but I will refrain  ;D

im sure you will let me know at the track
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Adiggity

Quote from: Rooster on June 15, 2009, 09:59:43 PM
 I race on the clay track here in Fallon and learned alot about driving in general, and I noticed it slowed me down on the street.  

Do you have to get any certification through RFR before you can attend track days?
You will only need a cert if you go there for a test n tune, which actually is really easy to get. If you go there with us in July you will not need anything but your bike, gear, gas and a smile. (The last one will be automatic) Come check it out man. You will not be disappointed! Sign up early and it's only $110. I will be happy to show you around.  :)

http://www.sierrasportbike.com/infoTrackday.htm

Welcome to the club!

Andy

z1rider

Welcome! Enjoy and be safe.

Rooster

Won't be able to make it to Reno tonight, but I'll plan on it for next week  ;)  I'm glad to see a few of ya in Fallon, I guess i just expected everyone to be from Reno or Carson. 

As far as a track day goes, it sounds great, but I don't have the gear for it.  we'll see if i can come up with some by then!