Main Menu

Reno Fernley Saturday 14th Track day

Started by SPL, March 09, 2009, 01:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPL

Quote from: JENX!!! on March 10, 2009, 07:22:10 AM
;D ;D ;D I WILL BE ;D ;D ;D

JENX!!!  If you want your tune quick so you can get on the track early then id roll up our trailer like 9:30.  It looks like we will be busy with tunes and tires.  We have to tune Justins racebike, and 3 others so far.
Building Dreams One Bike At A Time!  775-825-4457

SPL

Quote from: jlavallee on March 10, 2009, 10:17:09 AM

Damn, I'll be back in town but have pre arranged plans to head down to Mammoth skiing on Sat. Are you there on Fri or Sun or just Sat?

The track day is only for Saturday sir!
[/quote]

Oh well, I know the track is listed for Sun/Mon too but I'll see you guys next outing. BTW, how much for a set of Pirelli slicks in 120/70R17 and 180/55R17?
[/quote]

Theres no difference between the DOT and the slick.  They both preform the same. The DOT has a little bit of tread but other than that they are the same tire.

The slick is called the "Diablo Superbike"
The DOT are called  "Diablo Supercorsa"

Both tires are priced the same as well.

Racer price - 423.00 for the set if you bring us the wheels.   

(If you come see us at the track we might be able to do better.)

TimSRAD750

"Then 250 for the tune and it should take me 45 min."

If I bring you a carburated bike with the plastics removed, how long should it take?

SPL

Quote from: TimSRAD750 on March 12, 2009, 11:38:07 AM
"Then 250 for the tune and it should take me 45 min."

If I bring you a carburated bike with the plastics removed, how long should it take?

Carb bikes we wont tune at the track. Those take WAY longer and we need to bring the jets.  I have yet to see a bike on our dyno take less than 2hrs when it comes to carbs.  Its more tideous so I would suggest scheduling that on a non track day so we can tune it.

Let me know your thoughts.

TimSRAD750

I understand.  Can you give me a "ballpark" of how long you will need it for?  With all this nice weather, I'd like to know how long to expect to be scooterless.
Thanks

SPL

Quote from: TimSRAD750 on March 12, 2009, 03:45:05 PM
I understand.  Can you give me a "ballpark" of how long you will need it for?  With all this nice weather, I'd like to know how long to expect to be scooterless.
Thanks

Gimmie a day and are you suppling me the jet kit or am I ordering it?   Remember the tune is 250 but it doesnt cover parts.

TimSRAD750

I just sent you a pm.  Is this Brian or Sam?  Call me at: 775.815.6115
Thanks,
Tim

SPL

The weather is suppose to be 50 tomorrow, wtf??  Looks like the warm weather got pushed back to next week.   :-\   

Oh well, see you guys there!

weavefish

Hmmm i recall my last trackday.... nothing like snow flakes dotting your visor as you hit the back straight... i think 50 will be just fine for me :)
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

SPL

I guess I was getting picky. I was looking for 68 plus weather, you know underroo weather!

jlavallee

I'm back in town but had already comitted to heading to Mammoth so I won't be there. Have funs guys and be safe! ;)

stimacsays

Come on now. I cant wait to hear how it went. Any photos or vid yet?

JENX!!!

IT WAS COLD!!!!!!!!!!! but still had soooooo much fun!!!! AWSOME DAY!!!! cant wait till the SSA TD........
BIG THANKS to SPL!!!! my bike's throttle  feels sooooooooooo much better...its no longer on/off., plus got those few ponies!!!YEY!!!!!!!!! anybody with a power commander should get a tune. ITS WELL WORTH IT!!!!!! ;D
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

SPL

Quote from: JENX!!! on March 14, 2009, 11:58:45 PM
IT WAS COLD!!!!!!!!!!! but still had soooooo much fun!!!! AWSOME DAY!!!! cant wait till the SSA TD........
BIG THANKS to SPL!!!! my bike's throttle  feels sooooooooooo much better...its no longer on/off., plus got those few ponies!!!YEY!!!!!!!!! anybody with a power commander should get a tune. ITS WELL WORTH IT!!!!!! ;D

DUDE YOU MADE LIKE 15 MORE PONIES!!!   You had better had an awesome day!!!   You should be shavin off  chunks of lap time! ;D

SPL

And  Brian,Justin and I just wanted to say thanks for the business you gave us this weekend.   Its much appreciated!!!!

Anyone else needing your suspension set at the track just let us know.  Justin & Brian are the tech guru's on that.