Started by Rick Bay (BRA), May 13, 2009, 05:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Bay (BRA)

Keigwins Track Day May 19-20 at Laguna-Seca

Hey, you!!!
Are you going on this event too?

:) :) :)

mase

I have rode Mazda Raceway once and it was a blast but I will not go back again because it's not worth changing my exhaust.  The last time I checked they will not allow ANY after market exhaust, stock only.

If you do go you'll have a great time.
Sean Mason

Adiggity

Hey Rick. I know Jerome is going to this trackday. I believe he was saying there was another guy here who is also. And yes, stock exhausts are still a requirement.

Mike

even with the stock exhausts you will have to keep the R6 below 12k out of turn 5 up the hill past the sound booth. it's not only the exaust noise on the R6 but the intake also.

Track It!.

Member of the SSA since 1996

Rick Bay (BRA)

Thanks a lot guys.
I know about the exhausts  :-\ . I'm going to use my original one...No choices  :-X ... I'm exciting for this track day!!  :)

Double checking "stock exhausts" I can use my original exhaust, right??  ??? ???

Mike

As long as original means stock then yes but you will still blow the sound booth.

Track It!.

Member of the SSA since 1996

Adiggity

Quote from: Mike on May 15, 2009, 10:31:36 AM
As long as original means stock then yes but you will still blow the sound booth.
Possibly. It just depends on how hard on the throttle you are when you are going by the booth. And they do have a mobile sound meter truck that moves around the track at different locations too. So the booth isn't the only place you have to worry. It is a fun track. You will have a good time. It is worth taking the time to put your stock exhaust on to go, I think. Do you have a full aftermarket exhaust or just a slip on Rick?

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: Adiggity on May 15, 2009, 11:14:47 AM
Quote from: Mike on May 15, 2009, 10:31:36 AM
Possibly. It just depends on how hard on the throttle you are when you are going by the booth. And they do have a mobile sound meter truck that moves around the track at different locations too. So the booth isn't the only place you have to worry. It is a fun track. You will have a good time. It is worth taking the time to put your stock exhaust on to go, I think. Do you have a full aftermarket exhaust or just a slip on Rick?

I had the slip on but I switched for the whole original thing.  :(
Wow in this point I still need to go smooth on the throttle, Guys?  :o
Also I'd like to know how they do when the MotoGP comes. They still controlling this?  :-\
Thanks Andy and Mike.  :)

Dragone

wow, good riding over there.  Be safe.  Too many CA rules happening for me.

Rick Bay (BRA)

Thanks Dragone.  8)
I'm gonna try to take a lot of pictures to show in this page.  ;)

Rick Bay (BRA)

Wow!! lot of fog here this morning...  :-\

Adiggity

Quote from: Rick Tahoe on May 15, 2009, 06:22:31 PM
I had the slip on but I switched for the whole original thing.  :(
Wow in this point I still need to go smooth on the throttle, Guys?  :o
Also I'd like to know how they do when the MotoGP comes. They still controlling this?  :-\
Thanks Andy and Mike.  :)

I was referring to how "hard" you are on the throttle coming out of turn 5. On the outside of the track at the exit of turn 5 is a sound monitoring booth and some people don't get popped there, but some people do, even on the same exact bike. Just depends on throttle application. But there again, it is not the only place they monitor you, so it really just depends on where they are. I know Keigwin told me, before they put the restriction on everyone to "absolutely have stock exhausts" (and the reason for this being established was) at one of his trackdays he was popped over 100 times for exceeding the sound limit. After he required the stock exhausts that went down to 3 times.

As for the GP, Laguna has "X" amount of days where they can exceed the sound limit for the day. They still have to make money there and in order to do that they have to have some of the big races there, and the machines are VERY loud. (Moto GP, F-1, AMA)

Adiggity

Quote from: Rick Tahoe on May 19, 2009, 06:37:17 AM
Wow!! lot of fog here this morning...  :-\

Welcome to Monterey! It should be gone before too long. Have fun man. 8)

MotoPutz

I love Monterey...  Feels like home.

Rick Bay (BRA)

The booth didn’t move around the track yesterday in Laguna. I confess I was a little scared about this thing because at very morning at the track I hard even original exhaust system the R6 is very loud and an addition they tell to take the noise down all the time. So, at turn 5 I used to switch gear up and keep my body leaned down. Of course I lost a lot times doing this but I was there for fun only.
Well, it was a very nice experience. I had a lot of fun guys. Thanks for all suggestions...
Now, the next stop is two days in Miller.