Main Menu

videos from SSA's 4-12-09 trackday

Started by Yard Sale, April 14, 2009, 09:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yard Sale

Click the HQ button in the YouTube viewer to view the videos in high quality. They were recorded with a high-resolution system from Axial Video.

Additional videos from the April 12, 2009 Sierra Sportbike Association trackday at Reno-Fernley Raceway will be added to this thread when they are produced.

Repsol Rick (CBR1000RR) squeezes in on the warm up lap, saying, "Take my picture! Take my picture!" ...

Repsol Rick part 1 of 2

...then he fails to see the checkered flag while attempting a pass under braking and takes a victory lap...

Repsol Rick part 2 of 2

Much like Techno Viking's dance moves, Repsol Rick's lines are sometimes difficult to keep in frame. The camera operator apologizes.

Traffic, a busy session filled with action and drama

Trent on his new R6

Where's Dino?

Free for All part 1 of 3

Free for All part 2 of 3 

Free for All part 3 of 3

trent

There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

Yard Sale

weavefish

It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

mase

They looked cool from what I could see, but it just kept flickering in and out of half screen and a corner.  Don't know if it is my computer or what.  But cool anyways.
Sean Mason

Yard Sale

Finished editing the next video last night. Way cooler, lots of traffic, passing, Justin getting out of shape, close call with Rick on the front straight, me getting my front wheel chopped so bad it made me sick watching it, more following Rick (in frame!), trying to make a polite pass of Alberto, Steve hauling ass two-up, etc. It's converting to WMV at home right now and I'll upload it to YouTube this evening.

Yard Sale

Traffic, starring zipbyu, Johnny, Adiggity, Repsol Rick, Team Gorgonzola VP, Knucklehead #190, 2wcp, and a cast of thousands

Highlights:

- Rick almost takes me out when I move to pass Alberto on the front straight
- Justin gets out of shape on the brakes passing me on the outside
- unknown rider chops my front wheel in the bowl
- Steve hauls ass with a passenger

D1NO

Yard Sale

Trent on his new R6

Where's Dino?: Trying to catch Dino while politely guest-riding in B group traffic

Free for All part 1 of 3: Final session at 4:30 PM, in which a combined hoard of A & B riders is unleashed from the grid without spacing them apart. I start from D.F.L. and hang back a couple laps while I warm my Michelins.

Free for All part 2 of 3: Moving up through the pack. I almost ass-pack somebody else who slows on a straight without signalling. And I encounter a Dragon.

Free for All part 3 of 3: Oneup comes out of nowhere and I follow him. Knucklehead # 190 rails around the outside of me when I think I'm charging hard, then stuffs Oneup in the next turn. Oneup blows turn 13 so badly for two consecutive laps, he gives up.

trent

Quote from: Yard Sale on April 16, 2009, 10:13:51 PM
Trent on his new R6

WOW.. thanks Yard Sale I just learned a lot from that little clip. Can you say " work on body position " I do have to say that I was faster on the 600 than on the 1000.. Still a ways to go but liking the lil bike..
There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

zipbyu

Eric, in 2 of 3 I waved you and everyone else by that session.  I was bottoming my forks out all day and my rear shock has no rebound. ???  I was not having any fun at that point and I had no reason for getting in the way.  I had fun up to that session though.

Oneup

02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

D1NO

Dragone

Quote from: D1NO on April 17, 2009, 09:42:07 PM
Nice vids... Thanks E... ;D

+1 to that.  Helps me get the "green thing to learn the course!"  Nice vids

mase

I enjoyed watching those.  My son said I need to get a camera.  I think I should spend the money on another track day and let you keep doing the video.  HEHE
Sean Mason