Main Menu

Reno Fernley Raceway

Started by SPL, February 11, 2009, 02:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: dmh2000 on February 13, 2009, 08:45:12 AM
Quote from: Rick Tahoe on February 12, 2009, 08:49:18 PM
:( Wow, it's sad!!! >:( I just checked the schedule and I saw they have five events for next month and that's it. Nothing more for the year? ??? I think it's not update!!!  :-\

I'm pretty sure that is just because they don't update the schedule very far ahead in the winter. it was the same the last two years even when things were hopping.

I see. Thanks... I hope they fill it up quickly....

SPL

This is just an FYI, this doesnt affect most of us but Reno Fernley and IVM motorsports have decided to pull the plug on drag racing this season. Its to costly. 

They have been doing this for 5 yrs.   They do it to try and keep as many of the younger kids off the streets from racing.       

Just gives you an idea on how bad people are struggling right now.
Building Dreams One Bike At A Time!  775-825-4457

jlavallee

QuoteThe majority that I have heard from likes the C config best.

Yep, you're right on that. C has fast and slow and it's long enough to keep everyone spread out.

yzinger

I was looking at the maps, looks like A would be a lot of fun too. still quite long, but changes up a few corners...? Also, Jerome, what if we can try and get a bunch of guys from ssa out to the track one day to assist with maintaining it? from what people have said it takes a lot of work...why not add a bunch of hands?

Adiggity

Quote from: yzinger on February 19, 2009, 08:35:35 AM
  Also, Jerome, what if we can try and get a bunch of guys from ssa out to the track one day to assist with maintaining it? from what people have said it takes a lot of work...why not add a bunch of hands?
Not Jerome, but that is a great idea. We could do a "come help keep RFR clean day". I will mention it to Jerome for you in case he doesn't see this post.  8)

yzinger

haha, didn't know who is the runnin the ship these days  ;D. okay, how about we tell that adiggity guy?  8)

Adiggity

It's all good. Jerome is still "runnin the ship" but he doesn't check in here as often as he'd like to. Some of us are more fortunate than others. That is a great idea and I will pass it on to him.  ;)