Main Menu

Help me pick a dual sport bike

Started by dmh2000, February 06, 2009, 11:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yard Sale

Now you are talking. Get one quick, SSA dirt ride next week!

live2ride

ya thats why I went to a 2-stroke and no longer did the dual sport thing.  Its too much of a hassle with all your gear and then extra gas you need for those longer trail rides and then worrying about crashing and having to replace lights and stuff. Its just a real pain in the butt.  I think dual sports like the bmw's or dakars are nice for long rides cross country and you can ride them mostly year round and maybe on some fire roads but not to enjoy single track. 
I live life like the captain of a sinking ship

dmh2000

I just wrote a check for a 2008 KTM 200-XC two stroke at NMS. I pick it up in about a week. thanks for all the input.
dave

Yard Sale

I rode one of those. Very nimble, small-feeling, with plenty of power.

As a former owner of Mattighoffen machinery, my advice is to Keep Two Mechanics!

cobra23

Oh Oh Oh.....

I rode one of those they are fantastic!!!! You will love it!!

jlavallee

Congrats, for what it sounded like you wanted to do, you have made a thought out choice.

Mike Cullen

wr 250 will be a lot of fun on and off the street you'll find yourself taking all kinds of short cuts over curbs and through planters and thru traffic have fun........

Johnny

Quote from: dmh2000 on February 20, 2009, 01:23:09 PM
I just wrote a check for a 2008 KTM 200-XC two stroke at NMS. I pick it up in about a week. thanks for all the input.

I'm jealous.... I want a dual sport too!  Congrats on your new KTM.