Main Menu

Crazy Layoffs

Started by nv919, November 15, 2008, 09:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmh2000

we have several open positions in sparks. most are technical and/or administrative.

http://sncorp.com/Careers/careers.aspx
dave

cobra23

eehhh crap,

I just did a 15 hour day, then i come home log in to talk about bikes, and end up talking guns.

Ok I griped. We do not make the para ordnance, thats a different company. We build the M-60 MOD. It has been improved. This is a much more reliable weapon than the old 60 I used. It weighs less has a much higher belt pull, and is about 8 inches shorter in the short barrel version. A 7075 Billet aluminum top cover, with the rail sytem for Optics, a front hanguard made from the same material, with the picatinny rail system, again for PEQ II, NODS mountig etc. a long barrel and a short barrel.

Part of my job is the test fire. I ran ranges in the late 80's wiith my guard unit, we had all kinds of issues, but that was the old GD or Saco gun. The e-4 or M60 Mod, has none of those issues.

The 240 one of you guys are refering to is also very reliable, fires the same 7.62mm (.308) I have used the 240 mounted Coax in a Bradley, also used them mounted on a hummv in Iraq. They are a very long very heavy, very cumbersome weapon, not good for dismounted operations, especially if you are running with it over rough terrain. If you are familar with the M249 SAW, then you can relate to the size of the U.S. Odnance M-60, in the short barrel config, our 60 is "about" the same size and weight of a SAW.

Now if you are Infantry 11(Desmo) bravo, would it not be real nice to carry something that shoots 7.62, with 1100 meter range, that is the same size and weight (roughly) as the machine gun (M249 SAW) that shoots 5.56mm with a range of about 600 meters.

OK so I hear all that stuff about the old 60, and beleive me, ours way outperforms those. Like I said, we supply lots of customers, mostly over seas, the U.S. Special Operations will buy from time to time, so you are correct. U.S. Marine Corp, and Army (and dont be doggin the guard) use the 240 or mag 58 thingee as you call it.

I could spend another posting on the difference between a good guard unit and a bad guard unit. GGGRrrrrrr, yes mine was good, very very good.

Class is dismissed, now lets get back to the fun stuff......Desmodronics 101!!!!!

trent

Ive got an interview next Tuesday morning.... Keep your fingers crossed for me please.......
There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

Oneup

I got laid off on Friday.  I will be back in the northern california/northern Nevada area Monday.  No more work in Washington. ;D
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

cobra23

Trent,

Is the interveiw at U.S. Ordnance, if so ask to see Ted.

trent

Quote from: cobra23 on November 28, 2008, 05:14:44 PM
Trent,

Is the interveiw at U.S. Ordnance, if so ask to see Ted.

No its not. I think you guys have put your position in the hands of a temp service. I submitted my resume via fax before the ad was posted with the head hunters. Im not sure if I will be considered if I dont apply through them. If you have any suggestions please let me know..

Thanks Ted

cobra23

I see......Like I said,

I want to remain nuetral. This does not surprise me. The temp thing is not the way I would hire, but I have very little influence on those policies.

If you want to send an e-message with your name etc. I can look into where the resume ended up.

trent

Sent you an e mail to the hotmail address on your profile here. Let me know if you get it please as I have had some problems with my e-mail.. Thank you again.

cobra23

Ok Trent, Dropped it into the right hands.

The rest is all you.

Good luck!!

Ted

trent

GREAT !! Thanks again Ted.. ;D