Main Menu

Crazy Layoffs

Started by nv919, November 15, 2008, 09:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cobra23

Ok curious,

I am assuming you worked at IGT, what is your trade?

I work for a company that may be hiring, while others are laying off. I don't want to give out false hope. We have been holding off on hiring, in a month we will know for sure.

Secondly.....the guy in Moses Lake crap, thats 50 miles from my old town. Does the name Ben Getz ring a bell?

Dont worry, the U.S. Economy is the greatest in the world. This will be normalizing soon.

TedG

I also was lucky and made it through the cut at IGT. My heart breaks for all that got laid off.
2009 Concours 14 (ABS)
2005 Green ZX10 (the fast color) for sale
2018 Kawasaki H2

repsol71

I was out of work for 5 months, Automotive, back end, Service and Parts, Poser511 and I used to work together in Calif before I came out  to Carson. Just glad to be working, although it is hard and humbling to only be making a 1/3 or what I have been making for 10 years, Good luck to all and stay positive and network yourself.
I am always ready to rip!!!

Oneup

Quote from: cobra23 on November 16, 2008, 07:43:50 PM
Ok curious,

I work for a company that may be hiring, while others are laying off. I don't want to give out false hope. We have been holding off on hiring, in a month we will know for sure.

Secondly.....the guy in Moses Lake crap, thats 50 miles from my old town. Does the name Ben Getz ring a bell?

Dont worry, the U.S. Economy is the greatest in the world. This will be normalizing soon.

I work construction so I'm in a little bit different situation than everyone here that works for IGT. Layoffs are common for me. As far as knowing anyone the first time I've ever been in Washington was when I came here in September. I hope everyone is able to get a job soon. I know what it's like to be off work for an extended period of time.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

MotoPutz

Actually my company was bought out... I was only one of 4 people left before the buy out, but the new company decided to keep me, so thats good...

trent

Quote from: cobra23 on November 16, 2008, 07:43:50 PM
Ok curious,

Im a machinist by trade I program C.N.C. equipment.. I can run manual machines as well
There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

cobra23

You may hate me later......

Try "U.S. Ordnance".

We are on the verge of really needing people. I am not sure how the hiring is done, but give it a shot.

OK?

Sierra Slider

I was laid off two weeks ago.  >:( after six years of consulting/inspecting buildings for the nations top builders. The down side is NO WORK for the forseable future. The up side is....  IT'S TIME TO RIDE, RIDE, TOUR AND RIDE.  :o :o :o

Just completed a two week off road tour of Death Valley, Paniment Valley, Saline Valley and the lower section of the Sierra Nevada range.  8) Will head for the north coast in a couple weeks.  :) I plan to work (ride) my way down the coastal ranges to LA for x-mas. I will meet Kye, Chris and company in Death Valley between x-mas and new years.

Hope I can find work after the new year. The building industry is in for a tuff ride with this economy. I really don't want to move to find work. Anyone in need of an Electrician?  I have impeccable references going back thirty years. Please pm me or I can be reached at 775-846-6000. Will work for tires... Will need three sets of tires very soon.

Good luck to all out of work. I have never been out of work. This is not a good feeling.
RUN IT IN DEEP AND POWERSLIDE HER!!!
WORK'S FOR ME....
YA YA I KNOW,  BUT SHE LIKES IT

trent

Quote from: cobra23 on November 17, 2008, 11:13:35 PM
You may hate me later......

Try "U.S. Ordnance".

We are on the verge of really needing people. I am not sure how the hiring is done, but give it a shot.

OK?

Im faxing my application over today. Thank you for the heads up... My family and myself appreciate it very much.

nv919

Oneup. My cousin lives in Moses Lake and I used to live in Othello.

Justin

Oneup

Quote from: nv919 on November 18, 2008, 03:55:12 PM
Oneup. My cousin lives in Moses Lake and I used to live in Othello.

Justin

What does your cousin do?
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

cobra23

You all are making me homesick, except it would be cold and cloudy in Wenatchee right now.

U.S. Ordnance produces the m-60, and M-2 machine gun.

We are sort of in a holding pattern hiring, but..the workload is increasing rapidly. Most of our work is export, and it is all defense work, so the economy situation is not affecting us at this time. We will be needing help soon.

I want to stay pretty nuetral, just letting you know what the situation is there.

trent

Quote from: cobra23 on November 18, 2008, 07:46:44 PM
You all are making me homesick, except it would be cold and cloudy in Wenatchee right now.

We are sort of in a holding pattern hiring, but..the workload is increasing rapidly. Most of our work is export, and it is all defense work, so the economy situation is not affecting us at this time. We will be needing help soon.

I want to stay pretty nuetral, just letting you know what the situation is there.

On the website there are a few openings posted. I dont know if that means anything but there was one in manufacturing.. Exactly what I do.. Maybe it will work out, maybe it wont but at least I gave it a go..

Adiggity

Quote from: cobra23 on November 18, 2008, 07:46:44 PM
Do they make the Para Ordnance? Just curious because I have the LDA 45. Sweet gun.

Yard Sale

Para Ordnance is made in Canada.

Who still uses the M-60 in the U.S.? Guard units? I thought everybody went to the Belgian MAG-58/M-240 thingie.

QuoteMost of our work is export
Doh! Must learn to read before replying.

When I first moved here it was suggested I apply for a job at U.S. Ordnance as a tester. I break guns.