Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Lap Timers

Started by trent, October 28, 2008, 08:08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trent

Anyone know of a good lap timer at a reasonable price. These are all new to me so any suggestions would help out.
There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

Adiggity

As you should know, good and cheap don't go together so to get a good lap timer your going to have to pay more than the cheap ones cost. I know of 2 good ones.

Here
http://www.aimsports.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=28

And here
http://www.cc-2000.com/xtracing/en/ultra-lap/index.html

I have the XT Ultra and it has worked great for 3 years now and still going. And it is the cheaper one, but it's still $200.

Yard Sale

$99 XT Racing MiniLap has usually worked great when there has been a beacon. But it started acting up because its battery terminals had broken, which they repaired under warranty.

POSER 511

I TO HAVE THE XT LOVE IT. I ALSO GOT THE BECAN. HAVE NOT HAD TO USE IT YET, BUT I GOT IT ;D ;D

trent

Thanks for the info guys.. Im askin for the XT witha beacon for Christmas... ;D
There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

n10sive

Girlfriend with a stop watch is the cheapest. Wait....maybe not  :o ;D :D :D
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

CBR Dave

Quote from: n10sive on October 29, 2008, 03:15:44 PM
Girlfriend with a stop watch is the cheapest. Wait....maybe not  :o ;D :D :D

Yea i dont think so, mine came with a huge RV payment ;D

A DRAGON

Mine left a big HOLE in my A$& what should I do next? Well I still go my dog. Maybe yoy Becon Guys can bring them to our Track Days next year so the Club don't have to fork out some more money.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

POSER 511

Quote from: A DRAGON on October 29, 2008, 11:41:11 PM
Mine left a big HOLE in my A$& what should I do next? Well I still go my dog. Maybe yoy Becon Guys can bring them to our Track Days next year so the Club don't have to fork out some more money.
i would be happy to donate mine to the club if we need it, let me know and i will give it to you at the next trackday ;D ;D ;D

n10sive

Quote from: POSER 511 on October 30, 2008, 06:17:45 PM
i would be happy to donate mine to the club if we need it, let me know and i will give it to you at the next trackday ;D ;D ;D

Wow! That is so nice of you to donate your girlfriend to us! Do you think SHE'LL mind?  :D :D :D
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

POSER 511

Quote from: n10sive on October 30, 2008, 06:21:32 PM
Quote from: POSER 511 on October 30, 2008, 06:17:45 PM

Wow! That is so nice of you to donate your girlfriend to us! Do you think SHE'LL mind?  :D :D :D
the girlfriend is a take over payments deal only.

Adiggity

Quote from: A DRAGON on October 29, 2008, 11:41:11 PM
Jerome, I have a beacon with me at every track day I go to as well.

A DRAGON

Kool A-Diggity. If we use his girlfriend the Track days will have to go to $250.00 per person. We need a lap timer. I wonder if she does lap dances to?
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Hog Honey

Hell, lap dances, that's sure to get the attention of newbie's . Got my attention but I prefer lap dances from men thank you, anyone out there offering that ?  :D  I should stop now before I get myself in trouble, damn biker b#@$&es stirring things up again. Leave it to me to be a smart ass  ::) :o

weavefish

Quote from: Hog Honey on November 01, 2008, 08:50:19 AM
Hell, lap dances, that's sure to get the attention of newbie's . Got my attention but I prefer lap dances from men thank you, anyone out there offering that ?  :D  I should stop now before I get myself in trouble, damn biker b#@$&es stirring things up again. Leave it to me to be a smart ass  ::) :o

Well i was looking for a second job over the winter  ;D
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen