Main Menu

Help from Pirelli users

Started by Rusty491, October 03, 2008, 06:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty491

So my duc came with Pirelli-Dragon-Supercorsa-Pro-tires, I dont know anything about them, Im used to riding on Dunlop 208 gps 209a's . How simular are they are far as sticky levels go? I read there a race tire online but you know how online tire reviews go, some people will call anything a race tire. It seems to heat up fast, feels sticky but becasue of my lack of knolege with pirelli I dont want to push it without knowing its a 120mph knee draggin race tire or a sunday cruiser =]
2001 AFM #891 96 GSXR 750
2001 WSMC #891 96 GSXR 750
2002 AFM #891 96 GSXR 750
2003 AFM #491 02 GSXR 750
2004 AFM #491 02 GSXR 750
2008 Ducati 1098s for fun =]

weavefish

im sure someone will answer you... but if not SPL will be there sunday and Brian really knows his tires .
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Team Gorgonzola

I just stardted using Pirelli Diablo Corsa slicks on my Duc 853 (a kitted 2001 748) and I have to say there is quite a difference from the Michelin Pilot Power Race I've gotten use to. As far as stickyness I think they are about equal but coming out of turns a little too throttle happy the Pilot scared the beejesus out of me a few times by letting go (the rear) until the abrupt correction on my part (just lucky I guess) would remedy the soon to be a disaster (happened 2 o 3 times). I guess I have not learned because I still do the happy throttle thing but the Diablo feels as if they flex and smoothly, slide, making me feel like they are still holding, but just mometarily going on a coffe brake (leaving a note saying "be right back").
I actually replicated, voluntarily, such small rear slides and felt pretty safe and secure about it. In conclusion;  I think I like the Pirelli better right now and next year I will try the Dragon Corsa, new technology and see how they work.
The front was never really an issue for both tyres.

ps: as slow as I am none of this should really matter ;D ::)
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-