Main Menu

Vale on verge of super eliteness

Started by Adiggity, September 19, 2008, 11:13:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adiggity

Well boys and girls. Not to rub it in or anything to you Stoner/Pedrosa fans but I predicted him to win this years title at the beginning of the season......hehehe  8)

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2008/How+Rossi+can+clinch+the+title+at+Motegi

JENX!!!

Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

weavefish

It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Rand

Reminds me of when he ran Sete off the track.  Sete was never the same. 

Not that I have anything against his tactics at Laguna.  That was some incredible racing.  But Casey can't even finish a race.  Crashes in the lead with nobody around when he sees the gap closing!!

Think HRC is going to be on Bridgestones next year?  BS has doubts about it's ability to supply the whole grid with tires, in the event of a control tire rule.  Way too much difference in tire performance this year.

A DRAGON

Yeah good for Rossi. I hope they go to spec tyres next year to make it closer and Rossi still wins.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Adiggity

As a fan, a spec tire would probably be a good thing. As a rider and an American, I believe it would not be such a good thing. Competitiveness in tire manufacturing, I would think, is probably one of the biggest reasons why tires improve so much so quickly. If you can't even come out to play, why try to make a better tire? Also, it is un-American to shut out the other players just because they have a bad year or two compared to their competitors. Hell, if that were how motorcycle racing were, Honda and Kawi would be long gone in AMA superbike!!  :D

Rand

Agreed.
Just a couple years ago, if you weren't running Michelins in MotoGP, too bad for you.

Competition breeds development.  I hope we can develop a good Superbike series in this country again, instead of whining about crank mods, and hogtying development.

Look at WSB:  Ducati, Yamaha and Honda and Suzuki are all capable of winning.  Next year BMW, Aprilia and possibly KTM are jumping in.

A DRAGON

Quote from: RCVTR on September 24, 2008, 12:35:57 PM
Agreed.
Just a couple years ago, if you weren't running Michelins in MotoGP, too bad for you.

Competition breeds development.  I hope we can develop a good Superbike series in this country again, instead of whining about crank mods, and hogtying development.

Look at WSB:  Ducati, Yamaha and Honda and Suzuki are all capable of winning.  Next year BMW, Aprilia and possibly KTM are jumping in.
I agree. But how much has Michelin or Dunlop suffered with World Superbike? I'm sure they won't go belly up I'm sure. I just want the competion again. WSB is the best one to watch on racing now on tv. When they said they were going to spec tyres everyone was in a up roar. Especially me. Look where it's at now.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Rand

Yeah, I like the close competition.

It's pretty funny when Troy Corser goes around setting new lap records, then complains that his bike wasn't perfect!

I ride like that in my dreams.