Main Menu

What is the best dual purpose bike

Started by MnMTriumph, September 14, 2008, 09:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MnMTriumph

But with the Sv dont you have to get gsxr forks and redo the frontend to make a track bike. I think I am gunna get a track only bike. I will never dismiss anyones information. How can I when I want to do something I havnt done before and you all have. So all your advise I welcome. By the way how did that sprint hold up on the track. I have 2 days the 5th at RFR and the 27th at infinion. I was told to watch the brakes for overheating.

n10sive

Quote from: MnMTriumph on September 15, 2008, 07:19:54 PM
I was told to watch the brakes for overheating.

As Zoran would say "Brakes?! They only slow you down. Don't use them...then they don't overheat."  :D
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

MnMTriumph

Quote from: n10sive on September 15, 2008, 07:35:14 PM
Quote from: MnMTriumph on September 15, 2008, 07:19:54 PM
I was told to watch the brakes for overheating.

As Zoran would say "Brakes?! They only slow you down. Don't use them...then they don't overheat."  :D

;D ;D   I think my leather cleaner would like me to use breaks lol

Justin

I answered him in a PM.  I had no issue with brakes with the ST on the track.  It was very capable and very fast.
Jerome has a stock SV. It has more track time than most other bikes in the SSA garage.  I have ridden it on the track. It's great.  You can ride the SV find one thing you may want to improve, spend a couple hundred dollars, then ride it for a few months, discover something else, and on and on.  It's a great project bike that is missing nothing "out of the box"
I like things that you can change over time, it becomes a hobby unto itself.  If you can pick up a Gxxer front end already on the SV- GREAT! but don't make any changes until you see a need or have a specific desire to do so.  Everything else is a waste of money.  When you are good enough to see the need, THEN buy the improvement.
As Jerome (DRAGON) says...
"WHATEVER YOU BUY NOW, ISN'T GOING TO BE THE LAST BIKE YOU PURCHASE"