Main Menu

This should clear up the Yosh crankshaft issue

Started by dmh2000, September 12, 2008, 04:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Resistor

Quote from: Adiggity on September 16, 2008, 12:36:20 PM
If you think about it, if Spies and Mladin are doing 1.5 to 2 minute faster lap times per lap than the other factory guys

I know the AMA times aren't close, but damn, that's a huge gap per lap!  :P
2005 GSXR-600

Adiggity

Oops, I meant 1.5 to 2 SECONDS per lap faster.  :D

Rand

Yoshimura Suzuki has been in a class of it's own since Superbikes went to i4 1000s.
I beleive they've probably been using modified cranks the whole time.  So has Honda and probably everybody else.  (Josh Hayes' Erion Honda FX bike was also DQ'd in the Daytona 200).  I think they've turned a blind eye to it in the past.

But I also don't think it's the sole reason for their success.  I think it has a lot to do with Mat's skill as a development rider and Yoshimura's decades of experience with Suzuki superbikes.

It's the same situation with Valentino Rossi and Jerry Burgess.  Burgess has been developing Honda, then Yamaha GP bikes for a long time.  Wtih Vale's feedback, they can win on anything.

Same thing with Troy Bayliss and the factory WSB Ducatis

Go Nicky!  I think he's going to be happy on the Ducati.  I'll bet they build a bike that fits him.

There's rumblings of a return to 990 cc in MotoGP.  Less torque and lighter weight have resulted in higher corner speeds, more crashes and more injuries.    I hope it happens.