Main Menu

This past Sunday's ride and meeting of the NSC and SSA clubs!

Started by nvgixxer, September 11, 2008, 03:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JENX!!!

DAM!!!! makes me not wanna ride the streets ever......I mean its one thing if you crash and hurt yourself but to get run over......OUCH!!!!
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

Justin

Quote from: JENX!!! on September 13, 2008, 11:16:39 PM
DAM!!!! makes me not wanna ride the streets ever......
i guess many of you know i feel the same way.
Jim,
You say, "My gear did it's job" where as others might say your boots performed very poorly, and leathers did a mediocre job on a low speed, low-side.

What if you slid 10 more yards? What if it were a high side? Imagine this happening at 65 or 75mph? 
You have a machine that's capable of outperforming any car on the road. (WRX, Evo's and 4wd Porsche's aside)
We all have a VERY high probability of crashing. 

To know the gearing ratio, and horsepower and the top speed attainable in first gear is common
but we should know how many millimeters of cowhide our leather is, and if the padding is CE approved, etc.

My safety gear runs about $1500.  Leathers, boots, gloves, back protector.
Jerome says you can get away cheaper than that, but my suit should crash 3 times (or more) before it's toast.
You should bring your old gear to bike night so the guys can see. Compare it with Jerome's Alpinestar suit which has gone down faster and more often than Monica Lewinski.

weavefish

Quote from: Justino on September 14, 2008, 08:13:34 AM
Compare it with Jerome's Alpinestar suit which has gone down faster and more often than Monica Lewinski.

Hahahaha thats good shit. miss you comical inputs  ::)
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

nvgixxer

Quote from: JENX!!! on September 13, 2008, 11:16:39 PM
DAM!!!! makes me not wanna ride the streets ever......
i guess many of you know i feel the same way.
Jim,
You say, "My gear did it's job" where as others might say your boots performed very poorly, and leathers did a mediocre job on a low speed, low-side.

You're right Justino, my replacement gear will be better protection oriented this next go round. My street "shoes" were Alpinestars, good protection but low cut shoes, nevertheless. I'm about to order the full boot (Alpinestars SMX-4) and the Alpinestars A-10 leather/textile pants. My pants were an IIShift leather/textile combo. I'll be replacing the Chicane Teknic leather jacket with basically the same thing (Teknic Lightning leather jacket). My lid was a 4 month old Joe Rocket carbon fiber model, light weight and fit my head like a glove. I'll get another one of those as well.
It concerns me to be seeing more and more of the newer club members (from both clubs) showing up on Sundays in Jeans and sneakers. I shudder to think what I would look like now if I had worn similar attire!?
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

Justin

Quote from: nvgixxer on September 15, 2008, 07:00:51 AM
It concerns me to be seeing more and more of the newer club members (from both clubs) showing up on Sundays in Jeans and sneakers. I shudder to think what I would look like now if I had worn similar attire!?
I think the reason why I'm uptight about safety is because I know what it looks like. 
It's bad.
Just want us to be as 'ok' as possible for as long as possible.

A DRAGON

Jim I know those textile suits aren't as heavy as leather and seem cooler in the summer.  Consider a full leather suit. I wear mine all the time even when I'm going through sac. You can buy a cooling vest from freedom cycles. They work the best. I really wish you consider the leather and go away form the textile material.
I'm also glad your getting race boots they sure are nice. I know those low cut ones look better and are more comfortable to walk in. But how much walking do you do. Compared to riding?
Please don't discount the track you can really hone your skills for the street. It will make you a much better rider. You will be able to cope with obstacles on the street much easier and faster because your use to a higher rate of speed.  You don't have to ride on the track like your hairs on fire you can go at your own pace and feel very safe. Please just try it once. I can make it real easy for you if you think you might try it.
Again I really happy your alright.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

reno240sx

My safety gear runs about $1500.  Leathers, boots, gloves, back protector.
Jerome says you can get away cheaper than that, but my suit should crash 3 times (or more) before it's toast.

I have the same suit as Justin and have crashed in it twice. It has held up great both times with no ripping or tearing. I'm glad I spent a litte extra money on my leathers.