Main Menu

This past Sunday's ride and meeting of the NSC and SSA clubs!

Started by nvgixxer, September 11, 2008, 03:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvgixxer

What a day it was Sunday! I went out with the NSC bunch en route to the Cherokee Road ride and we hooked up with the SSA group at the Sierraville rest stop. Gosh, must have been over 20 riders between the two groups.
Woe is me......my head still hurts, my arm is scrapped up (inside leather rub burn), toes on both feet black and blue! Ironic to think that I've been terrorizing the canyons for 30 years without a mishap. And then just a few miles out of Quincy, cruising along at 45 – 50 MPH just after gassing up........patch of sand in a curve, didn't see it. Zipppppp.........all over before I knew what hit me. Front end slips out and down goes ole Jimbo. Slid along the pavement face first for a second or two before flipping up and tumbling down an embankment, visor sand papered and broke off, heavy duty right Alpinestars composite shoe had a hole drilled through it, just barely hitting the foot, leather jacket and pants shredded......but my gear did it's job! I have a head ache and lump on the ole noggin, but my face would still be on the pavement if I'd been wearing one of those Harley type turtle shell lids! YIKES!
Gix is at the shop awaiting a cosmetic damage repair estimate. And me? I'm pacing like a caged lion, gonna pull the trigger and get a new 09 Hayabusa when they're released! YAHOO! And guess what? You guys get to relive the whole dang thing with me! My main man Chad is an expert with the front and rear mounted video cameras and caught the whole thing for you to see! Woe is me!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5VMVVIEmBM&feature=user

2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

JENX!!!

wow!!! that was out of nowhere crazy!, glad your ok tho........bike didnt look too bad.
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

weavefish

yea crappy man. good thing it happened when it did...few seconds earlie and you coulda been under that car... glad your ok. GO GO GADGET GEAR!!!!!!
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

n10sive

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

lhyx

That was unexpected...Still lucky you didn't hit any vehicle. Good to know that you're fine. I hate accidents but shit happens! :)
Lix

trent

Glad to hear that your good Jim. Way to get back on it.. Good luck!!
There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

POSER 511

man iam glad you are ok! that was one hell of a face plant.

D1NO

A DRAGON

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

nvgixxer

Thanks guys! You're the greatest!
The worse part about all this is the WAIT for the new 09 busas to arrive. Only change for the bus this coming year will be colors. Oh well, all the new Suzukis will be unveiled at the LV dealer show at the end of the month!

MnMTriumph

Sorry to hear about that jim glad your ok. Glad all your gear held up.  Hope to see you out there soon.

Resistor

"Woe is Me" is correct.  I'm so glad that it was nothing worse.  I see the rider stick his leg out and the next thing I know you're on the ground, things really happen quick on these bikes.  Good thing you were riding with a group.  From the sounds of it your're still not 100%, heal up quick buddy!  Look forward to seeing you on the road again.
2005 GSXR-600

A DRAGON

Jimbo I was thinking what you could do with your crashed bike? You could make it a track bike? Now that it's seen the pavement and all. What do you think? Something I think you should consider. I know I'm bias, but come on and try it. You can't hurt it any more. Sunday Oct. 5th.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

nvgixxer

I hear you Jerome, I did consider that. But my love is for the street so I'm waiting for the repair estimate to come in next week and intend to get her all fixed up and ready to sell. I always buy new every other year and had intended to sell the gix late this year anyway. I'll be slowing down in the twisties (09 Hayabusa in my future) and will be doing the more long range and less hectic canyon carving type rides this coming season.
Have a great Thunder Hill day Jerome!!  :)

Team Gorgonzola

Not to rain on anybody's parade but last time I was present to an accident like that, the rider that lowsided was met on the other side by a ford pick up that ran him over and dragged him a few feet. His lower left leg  (including part of the knee) was hamburger meat, he had punctures all over his body and his jaw was broken in several places (have you ever heard somebody gurgle and spit blood while the are trying to breath....I have)!. I was there and held firm his bloody leg so he would not move while semi-unconscious. Make no mistakes gentlemens, there is no glory in walking away from something like this; just pure unadultereted luck........!
ps the guy that crashed that day is now walking with a cane, after 2 months of hospitals and surgery.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-