Main Menu

Test and Tune Friday September 12 NEW

Started by Team Gorgonzola, September 11, 2008, 10:01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Team Gorgonzola

Allrighty then...I had a great day and here is a list: 1) I watched Giuseppe highside in front of me, after the bowl hitting 3rd full gas (I am guessing about 90mph) and even though he got catapulted were he was about to kiss the front fender, he was either lucky enough or athletic enough to get back on the seat and go in the dirt all the way to the front straight. He was a little shaken and he promised not to slam the gears in when he's leaned over going 90. I went 4 laps, as passenger, on a 550 horspower Corvette with an incredible driver (70 yo) that really know how to get that thing going. We would powerdrift out of turns and break at the very last moment in every turn. I have a new respect for car racing. 3) I rode for 5 laps a 1098 Ducati with BST carbon wheels and 30lb lighter than stock. OMG the thing turn as soon as you think of it, I was at home within the first lap. Coming out of turns the power was unlimited, getting the front wheel of the ground in 2nd and 3rd. I hit 139 on the front straight while singing opera in my helmet :o
4) Ok this was squidly: I had a problem with the 748 and as I was leaving the pits for few more laps it died. I put the sidestand down and check the battery connection. It was loose so I fixed it. I got back on and proceeded to the enter the racetrack. As I approched turn one I start leaning and nothing happen, I coul not make the turn and went straight. I was surprised and confused. Maybe the forks had given out or a problem with the brakes?. I started a left U turn to go back in the pits and...CLANK...the sidestand folded back up. What an idiot/squid/amateur/newbie etc.
Still the day was great. Good to se Jenx out there with the screaming R6. 
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

XIII

wow, now I'm jealous! Sounds like an eventful day! Car racing, almost highside, 1098?! Damn, for such few people on the track, you guys sound like you made up for it in quality! lol at the noob moment Alberto.

Resistor

Wow, point number 4 is crazy.  You are very lucky something was holding you back from making that turn, that could have been very ulgy.
2005 GSXR-600

Team Gorgonzola

Yes, then again I am cautious entering the racetrack, and take my time gettin re-aquainted every time I get in. What saved me was being smooth and unhurried.....and OK some luck ;D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Justin

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on September 13, 2008, 08:50:33 AMOn the bright side, now that you got that out of the way, the odds are stacked in your favor!
The odds are the same each time you roll out of the garage. . .
. . .pretty bad

MnMTriumph

oct 27th the track club is going to infinion That is my 2nd track day. expensive but to play where the ama does Ill pay.

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: Resistor on September 13, 2008, 10:24:13 PM
Wow, point number 4 is crazy.  You are very lucky something was holding you back from making that turn, that could have been very ulgy.
It was the sidestand ;D
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Resistor

Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on September 14, 2008, 11:58:03 PM
Quote from: Resistor on September 13, 2008, 10:24:13 PM
It was the sidestand ;D
Is that the same as the 'kickstand'?  Making a turn with the stand down would probably throw you off your bike.
2005 GSXR-600

Team Gorgonzola

-Hunter S. Thompson-