Main Menu

Stupidest run in with another biker ever!

Started by XIII, August 28, 2008, 09:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XIII

I went home for dinner tonight and on the way back to work, I saw a cruiser taking up the whole lane at a stop light. I didn't want to squeeze in so I just stopped behind him. I always make an effort to say hello to any biker on the road but I didn't get a chance this time around. The light turned green and we both go at the same time. He makes a spirited acceleration but it's just a cruiser and I was right behind him without any effort (no really, I just stayed at the speed limit which was 50). Apparently, he freaked out when he looked back and saw me and my bike right behind him. He swerved left and right and tried to stay on the lane but ended up just touching the dashed divider lines on the road. Then he got back in the lane and pointed at the space right beside him and shook his head a couple of times. At this point I'm wondering what the hell he is talking about. I thought maybe it was some debris on the road or something sinister to us bikers. We both approached the stop light at Mccaran and Oddie and he proceeded to start lecturing me about respecting his space and what not. Keep in mind, I never came close to his rear wheel and remained in a staggered position until the stop light when he started barking at me about respecting his space. I didn't get a chance to say much until he said, "pull over...blah blah blah" I replied, "I have to go to wor..." yet he kept on yapping. I got irritated and I just said, "maybe you should learn how to ride..." Maybe I shouldn't have said anything, he was an older man (maybe he had some miles, maybe he was just posing - it was a harley) and looked like he was a hell's angel or something but I was in a hurry to get back to work. The light turned green and he is still saying, "pull over!" No, he is not a cop. He hesitated and eventually started rolling at the same time I ran out of patience and I started going because I thought he was just going to sit there! So I went and I saw him shake his head again. I headed towards the on ramp whilst he passed me on the left side and then stopped at the light. His head turned towards me and he was just glaring. I shrugged my shoulders and made a "I don't know" type motion with my arm and then made a circular motion with my finger on the side of my head while I was turning. I'm sure that pissed him off some more. Now I'm typing this up to get rid of some frustration! Good thing I didn't say hello to this jackass.

JENX!!!

wow.....that was crazy!, Good on you for keeping your cool.
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

weavefish

It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

D1NO

are you talking about me and my peeps again...  ;D

lhyx

Lix

Resistor

You should have buzzed him to show him what close really is.   :o
2005 GSXR-600

MotoPutz

Or buzz him in a wheelie, that will rub some salt in the wound.   :P 8)

Team Gorgonzola

I usually leave slow riders behind, as soon as I get close to them in traffic. I only trust the riders I know and only two of them ride harleys 8)
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

XIII

What I forgot to mention is that this is in traffic. Meaning, there were other cars on the road. Me getting away from the pack was dependent on his speed. I did not want to pass him on the same lane (big big no no for me).

XIII

Quote from: D1NO on August 28, 2008, 10:06:54 PM
are you talking about me and my peeps again...  ;D

Next time, your peeps are gonna get a big 1 finger salute from me!  ;D

repsol71

It seems as of late the the HD riders really think they own the road, and they won't move over to let us pass, Dale n10sive and I encountered this on Monitor some months back, I myself don't wave or say anything unless they initiate the gesture! Thats just my 2 cents on the matter.
I am always ready to rip!!!

XIII

Quote from: repsol71 on August 30, 2008, 05:06:57 PM
It seems as of late the the HD riders really think they own the road, and they won't move over to let us pass, Dale n10sive and I encountered this on Monitor some months back, I myself don't wave or say anything unless they initiate the gesture! Thats just my 2 cents on the matter.

50% of older Cruiser riders don't wave back when I wave at em. The younger guys know what's up it seems like. Though, I've met some really cool old school riders on my time on the road. I met this cruiser guy late one night and he was on a road trip. I initiated the conversation at the light and he had a map and a bunch of gear. My first words were, "road trip?" He was a bit surprised and then we started talking a bit. The light didn't turn green for a good two minutes...stupid light.

JENX!!!

except for the non waiving bunch...I never have any issues with other bikers., whenever I'm playing at VC truckroute, most just let me pass without drama., from my experience....the ones traveling in groups seem to think they own the road...., but then again sportbike group riders do the same thing.
CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG ;D

JENX!!!