Main Menu

Keigwins Trackday Question

Started by dmh2000, August 28, 2008, 08:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmh2000

I want to do the Keigwins trackday at RFR Sep 21/22, since there aren't any other ones at RFR in september. They make a big deal on their website that you need lots of experience for their trackdays even in the slow group. I have 4 trackdays this year and I can get around RFR pretty well, I can hold a line and follow the rules, but not too fast. So the question is if I sign up will I get grief from them about being too slow or whatever?
dave

weavefish

i think its more for line/flag unserstanding.
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Yard Sale

Four is plenty unless you are a really clueless slow learner (pass under yellow, apex turn 1 entering the track, ignore the checkers, etc.). They just don't want n00bs.

Oneup

Keigwins just doesn't want any first time track riders out there.  They try to get first timers to do their schools.  You will be fine coming out there in September.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

dmh2000

dave

A DRAGON

Me too. I'll be there both days. Keigwin is a pretty good Track Day provider. I buy a 10 pac every year. See you there.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Team Gorgonzola

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Adiggity

Quote from: dmh2000 on August 28, 2008, 08:53:14 AM
  I can hold a line and follow the rules, but not too fast. So the question is if I sign up will I get grief from them about being too slow or whatever?

That is exactly the kind of rider that they are looking for. Speed isn't as important as predictability and consistency. Just ride like you know how and you'll have a ball.  :)