Main Menu

Test and Tune

Started by yzinger, August 26, 2008, 10:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yzinger

Thanks for pulling my name from the pile! I can now spend an entire day on cloud 9 (or 7, or whatever it is) before I have to get back to the real world. anyone else wanna set up a time to get out there on a mon or weds? reno 240sx?

weavefish

think everyone is going this monday
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

yzinger

you dont think its going to be too packed, since it is a holiday and all? I am still new enough to get nervous with too many people on the track. but im down!

weavefish

gonna be a good SSA turn out from the sounds of it. you should be fine. just ride at your pace and faster people will get around you
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

reno240sx

I'm thinking about doing Monday too. There is no school and I should have the day off work. I'm sure there will be plenty of people willing to give you some tips and pointers. RFR is big enough that it shouldn't be too congested on the track. As long as you stay on your line faster people can get around you.

A DRAGON

I'm headed to miller on Saturday and Sunday. We'll be coming home on Sunday night. I going to try and make it to RFR on Monday afternoon. That's my plan. I want to be there. Just hope I'm not to burned out to go. See you there on Monday Test and Tune boy. Congratulations on your test and tune day at Fernely.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

trent

Congrats on winning!! The RFR web site says that you have to have a track permit or competition license to run the test and tune. The cost is $200 does anyone know if this is mandatory or not?
There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

weavefish

when does everyone plan on getting there?

Resistor

I did a test and tune last year at RFR.  The permit or competition license is not mandatory.
2005 GSXR-600

n10sive

talking with them last year...they want full safety equipment and some track experience. It is not intended for people with zero track experience. If they think you are causing a problem with other racers then they could ask you to get off the track.

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

yzinger

Looks like I will try and make it then. I will prob get there at about 0745 or 0800.

MotoPutz

I can't make it because I am still trying to save all the money I can for the wedding and stuff but maybe I can come out to the track and hang out and maybe get my suspension checked out.

yzinger

you should do that, putz. that way I can use part of ur truck ;-)

Justin

I am really trying to get out there. I have just found out that I am scheduled to work on Labor day....
I will do my best.

Justino

MotoPutz

Which part of my truck do you need?