Main Menu

Mladin DQed from VIR results

Started by Adiggity, August 22, 2008, 11:51:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adiggity

Adiggity

Oneup

I think it's bull.  I would bet money that Spies, Mladin and Hayden are all running the same crank.  Maybe Mladin got singled out for his public outrage at DMG.  He definitely got their attention.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Adiggity

Ahh, the conspiracy theory. Nice.  :D

Oneup

Seriously though, do you think they were running different cranks?  You can look at it as a conspiracy or just the fact that they overlooked the other two bikes.  If they missed it on Spies and Haydens bike then some idiot is responsible for handing the championship to Spies.  Any way you look at it it is really screwed up.

Adiggity

To be honest I'm not sure if they would be running different cranks or not. I do know that each rider has their own mechanic and I really don't see how the AMA could get away with letting Spies and Hayden get away with having the same crank as Mladin and only DQ Mladin. Seems to me that would be a bit of a stretch. People from the Mladin side of things wouldn't let that happen, I don't think. But maybe I'm just naive and think the world is more fair than it really is......

Oneup

They do have different mechanics but the parts for their bikes are built at the same place and shipped to the mechanics.  If there are differences in their cranks it is because the guy who put Mladins bike together took the crank to a machine shop and had it worked on.  If it was something different on the bike like illegal pistons or cams or valves I could see that being true.  I'd bet that their cases, crank bearings, crank and majority of the bottom end are built by the exact same guy then shipped to their mechanics.  I think the only parts in the bottom end of the engine that would be replaced and worked on by the mechanics would be the gear box and the clutch, although I'm not sure about the clutch.  As far as the other bikes not getting checked, it's a simple matter of another team of techs not looking into the bike far enough.  By the time a disqualification is made all of the bikes have been returned(minus suspicious parts) and it is impossible to go back and look at the other bikes again.  Mladin was just disqualified, I don't remember when this race happened but it was more than four days ago.  I have a hard time believing in the conspiracy but I have a much harder time believing the bikes have different cranks.

dmh2000

same thing happened to Josh Hayes at Daytona. he had some illegal polishing
dave

zipbyu

What differance would it make? .5 a lap or so. Matt would not of lost anyway. The ama sucks my PINK SHAVED ASS, and it will get worse next year.  Racers should organize there own union(club or manufactured sanction  classas) and stick togeather.  The factories have the money and would support them.  They have whole U.S. market to lose.
      NASCAR races are all the same, any new devlopement, like toyota for making more H.P. within the rules, get penalized.  The same NASCAR scum takes over in 2009 for the AMA. 
     I am not intristed anymore.

A DRAGON

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

zipbyu

I was wrong(first time).  The nascar scum has tookover in 2008, but 2009 thay can change the rules to there liking.   So I makes sence that they are already nitpicking. 
     So Ben pretty muched wrapped up the 2008 title.
     CRANK KILLS!

2wcp

What I find really weird, is they don't exactly say what is wrong with the crank. When they dq'd Hayes, they said that his crank was polished. hmmmmm ???
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p