Main Menu

Ride 8/21/08

Started by Bigcat, August 20, 2008, 05:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigcat

Hey guys and gals, I know it's short notice but Jim and I are heading out tomorrow morning for a ride. Most likely ebbets to 26 and back 88.  If anyone is available and would like to join in the fun  ;D be at the South Carson Starbucks off Topsy at 9am.

Have a nice day

n10sive

would love to go with you guys but ditching work for fridays trackday already :(
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

A DRAGON

I cut work 3 days already. I think their starting to get suspicious. Enjoy
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Bigcat

Had a great ride with Jim "nvgixxer". Forgot about the hay and lumber trucks during the week but very little traffice and still a great ride. We ended up shooting down 88 to 26. Over 26 to 49 to 4. Had lunch in Arnold and continued over ebbets. I went over geiger and the truck route on both legs and they are clearing the ditches on the geiger side and it's really dirty. The truck route is clear and good to go. ;D

zipbyu

I ride V.C. and the truck route everyday, look like they cleaned out some rocks and debries on the reno side going up to V.C., mostly on the way back to reno just after the summit "south bound".  The road looks dirty, but it is fine .  I have not had a problem with traction.  The dirt is really fine, feels like it is within the asphalt, a little water that will be gone.  I punched my 1000 on the bad spots to see if it would slide out, and it stuck fine.  Yes, I was tring to work on my drifting ability, starting a new trend.  No worries mate, V.C. is good to go as of last week.  Except for all the cops, they have been at the top and bottom of the truck route lately, often at the same time.