Main Menu

UK Sharp Helmet Ratings

Started by dmh2000, August 19, 2008, 03:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmh2000

I just bought an HJC AC-12 from newenough because Spies wears one and more importantly it was on closeout for about $100.00. Of course I got the comments 'how much is your head worth?'. Then I saw that it has a 5 star 'sharp' rating.

while it appears to me that the more expensive helmets have better graphics and fittings, as far as safety goes price and bling don't mean much.

http://sharp.direct.gov.uk
dave

MotoPutz

They don't even have my helmet on there...    :'(

z1rider

could'nt find my joe rocket 101 in cf on there too

A DRAGON

I think it and it happens.  Don't anyone get on my bad side. You could be riding for another MFG next week too.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Adiggity

Quote from: A DRAGON on August 20, 2008, 03:19:45 AM
I think it and it happens.  Don't anyone get on my bad side. You could be riding for another MFG next week too.
?? ?? ?? What are you saying?? *scratches head*

Oneup

Quote from: Adiggity on August 20, 2008, 11:57:19 AM
Quote from: A DRAGON on August 20, 2008, 03:19:45 AM
?? ?? ?? What are you saying?? *scratches head*

Maybe he's been drinking a little too much when he posts?
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Adiggity

Quote from: Oneup on August 20, 2008, 12:13:51 PM
Maybe he's been drinking a little too much when he posts?
I would agree with you by reading his post, but I know Jerome doesn't drink.....probably a good thing too. Then we would really not be able to interpret his posts.  :D

karneybo

Dragon did post his message at 3 am maybe he was sleepin and postin messages
Carney

A DRAGON

Oh I'm sorry I meant to put this post under the the thread of Nicky Hayden thread doing the X-Games. 
I had to push my aprilia for about 1/2 mile last night to my house. My battery went dead again. Does that explain what happened a little better. Sorry I was really tired last night. :'(
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Oneup

You're bike died while you were riding it?  You need to get that fixed ASAP.

A DRAGON

Welll I don't think that will happen because it's probably my stater. Do you think I could find one in the US before Sunday? Not. I'll have to use my Italy Connection I'm sure.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Oneup

If your stator is out you need to check your regulator also.  Stators do not go out unless some sort of external source is putting undue stress on them.  They are one of the only things I can think of that do not receive any normal wear and tear.  Since you are not running a power commander and your stock ECU probably isn't having any problems I would look at your stator.  You should also talk to Adiggity, he knows someone that can rewind it for cheaper than a new one and it will probably take less time than getting a part from Italy.  You just don't want to be out in the twisties and have your bike die. 

A DRAGON

I am running a power commander. I was thhinking I would take it to Jay this week and ask him to  look at it. Thanks for your advice Oneup.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

karneybo

J like Oneup said check your regulater/rectifier.  You'll need a new batt to check the voltage output thats the only way to test it.  If its the reg you'll deffantly need a new one, and the batt and probably a new head like.  Chaseing electrical bugs suck I went thou the very same thing you are Jerome the first part of the summer went thou three reg/rec's two batt's and three head lights oh and I had to replace the main wiring harness for my bike.
Carney

A DRAGON

I plan on letting Jay look at it when I get a chance. Thanks for all the advice because I don't know the first place to look. At least now I can point a finger to the general area. Thanks guys.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750