Main Menu

What's up with the Olympics?

Started by Justin, August 16, 2008, 02:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

Quote from: n10sive on August 16, 2008, 05:08:59 PM
Quote from: Justino on August 16, 2008, 03:50:02 PM
Between beach volleyball serves, they just played a few seconds of Bon Jovi 'Livin' on a Prayer' 
I like to watch it, but it just doesn't fit in with my idea of the Olympics.

You don't like watching girls scantily clad in bikini's grunting and diving? You just not American Justino  >:(

:D :D
I also like watching documentary films, but those also shouldn't be in, either.

Jerome, I saw mixed doubles in badminton, and I agree with you that it's cool.

I see that STEEPLCHASE is EQUESTRIAN without the horse shit

smoothduc

Had to do trampoline in gymnastics training. It's actually hard, especially so high up, easy to loose center of grav and well, if you fall, it's gonna hurt. Neither like or dislike it, watching it is fascinating and I know it's tricky.

Justin

Quote from: smoothduc on August 18, 2008, 09:12:48 PM
Had to do trampoline in gymnastics training. It's actually hard, especially so high up, easy to loose center of grav and well, if you fall, it's gonna hurt. Neither like or dislike it, watching it is fascinating and I know it's tricky.

Neuro-surgery is hard too, but i think that's just going to be in as 'exhibition status' in 2012.   There is a ton of stuff that just doesn't belong.  I used to compete in Mogul Skiing, but I think they should kick that out with Softball, Baseball, handball, soccer, basketball, and even gymnastics.  I guess i am a purist. 
I'm sure I am in the minority.

weavefish

Quote from: Justino on August 18, 2008, 11:07:20 PM
Neuro-surgery is hard too, but i think that's just going to be in as 'exhibition status' in 2012.   There is a ton of stuff that just doesn't belong.  I used to compete in Mogul Skiing, but I think they should kick that out, and Softball, Baseball, handball, soccer, basketball, and even gymnastics.  I guess i am a purist.
[/quote]
you wanna wrestle men wearing a loin cloth?
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Justin

The american, Nastia Luikin who performed "better" according to the commentators has just had a computer break her tie with a Chinese gymnast.  She lost for no apparent reason. Not even the former olympic gymnasts interviewed are able to make sense how she lost or how the computer broke the 'tie.'  Crap like this happens often enough that I KNOW it doesn't belong in the Olympics. 
Bela Karoli called it "ridiculous and unfair" and that the "Lack of competence of certain judges is obvious" and asked "where is the fairness."

Justin

4 of the judges for tonight's uneven bar contest are from countries that have never produced a single gymnastics medal.  I think I know why it's called "uneven" bars

smoothduc

you wanna wrestle men wearing a loin cloth?
[/quote]

;D pink shirts man, this is the 21st century.

weavefish

Quote from: Justino on August 18, 2008, 11:36:15 PM
4 of the judges for tonight's uneven bar contest are from countries that have never produced a single gymnastics medal.  I think I know why it's called "uneven" bars

lol that classic  ;D
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Noleftturn

A DRAGON

I'll wrestle you Silka. I won't fight you like a man either. I'm gonna kiss those cheeks  of yours red.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

smoothduc

Geewiz Jerome...  got to catch me first... :-\ :D
You dont know this but I used to call you "Father Jerome" (you know, looking out for us, SSA being your baby) ..but after this comment I might rephrase.
Lemme think of a new name for you...

MotoPutz

trent

There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

smoothduc

Adiggity

Quote from: smoothduc on August 20, 2008, 11:45:11 AM
Quote from: Putz on August 20, 2008, 11:35:49 AM
Quote from: smoothduc on August 20, 2008, 11:08:06 AM
Lemme think of a new name for you...

Big Papa...   :o 8)

...only you know Putz..... :-X
Ok, thats enough. Now I'm starting to vurp. I mean you two are kinda cute, but come on!