Main Menu

What's up with the Olympics?

Started by Justin, August 16, 2008, 02:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

Why is trampoline an olympic event?
Softball? Baseball? Syncronized swimming? Beach Volleyball?
These are some of the events i don't think belong.

I am not a big fan of team sports (unless everyone participates individually (like swimming)
and I am not a fan of things require judging.
Fastest, highest, farthest.

PS our first olympic medal was in shooting.  I wish I could have seen that.  I guess trampoline is more akin to our media's value systems.

chocotaco

I argee. If you need judges it's a talent show, not a sport.

Justin

Between beach volleyball serves, they just played a few seconds of Bon Jovi 'Livin' on a Prayer' 
I like to watch it, but it just doesn't fit in with my idea of the Olympics.

n10sive

Quote from: Justino on August 16, 2008, 03:50:02 PM
Between beach volleyball serves, they just played a few seconds of Bon Jovi 'Livin' on a Prayer' 
I like to watch it, but it just doesn't fit in with my idea of the Olympics.

You don't like watching girls scantily clad in bikini's grunting and diving? You just not American Justino  >:(

:D :D
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

MnMTriumph

Just look at the controvercy of boxing i have watched many matches and have seen peoples heads get snaped back with a right cross no point and i have seen someone airmail a haymaker and get a point just dont understand. And for vollyball i have to watch it when the wife isnt home  :o ;D

A DRAGON

I admire all athletes in all sports. I do have my limits though. Team sports are pretty cool too.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

weavefish

but what are the limits??? why dont we see a Eduro race? its a team and all of us know how much it takes to ride the track....just as much as a baseball player
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Team Gorgonzola

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

JENX!!!

its more for human atletes rather than machine and human combo.....Mixed martial arts should be an olympic event. ;D
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

weavefish

Quote from: JENX!!! on August 17, 2008, 06:23:21 PM
its more for human atletes rather than machine and human combo.....Mixed martial arts should be an olympic event. ;D

uh ski, bobsled and i think skeet shooting is an olympic sport lol
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

A DRAGON

They should have some Co-Ed sports. 
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Jimbo

I agree that trampoline jumping shouldn't be in the olympics, but what I thought was funny is how high those guys were jumping. It looked like they were getting about 30-40 feet above the trampoline.

A DRAGON

If they were fater I'm sure they could get higher.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Adiggity

Yeah man, I agree. They should just have checkers and chess matches. No judges. The first on eto fall asleep looses.....oh, and cribbage. Ooo, ooo, maybe even a spelling bee!

n10sive

Quote from: Adiggity on August 18, 2008, 02:43:06 PM
Yeah man, I agree. They should just have checkers and chess matches. No judges.....oh, and cribbage. Ooo, ooo, maybe even a spelling bee!

That would mean Jerome couldn't be in the olympics  :P :D
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike