Main Menu

August 17th * Sonora Pass

Started by oldBolt, August 13, 2008, 05:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldBolt

Hello to all.

New to the SSA and was wondering about the ride coming up on the ride schedule to Sonora Pass.

I have never been on a ride with the SSA and was wondering the following:

Under the ride schedule the FYI states: "All rides South Leave from Java Joe's in Carson City."

Does this mean no one meets in Reno to ride to Java Joe's?

The posted map shows a start in Reno, I am just a little confused.

Is any one going from Reno that would like to meet to ride to Java Joe's?

So is it 0830 at Java Joe's?

I would appreciate anyone who can clue me in on this.

Thanks for your help.
"I have inhaled, exhaled everything." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

MnMTriumph

Im not sure but java joes is closed I think the new metting is at starbucks topsy ln and 395 just south of 50. Thats about all the help i can give, sorry about the rest of your questions sure some one will chime in on this cant help with the reno thing i live in tahoe.

buell12r

yea, starbucks on topsy

I would meet up with you in reno, but I will be in alaska this weekend

MnMTriumph

Quote from: buell12r on August 13, 2008, 05:55:34 PM
yea, starbucks on topsy

again last time i talked with you(long time ago in a galixy far far away lol )You just got back and did some claming. have a good time on this trip too.

Justin

Yes, a group of us are meeting in RENO to ride to Carson together.  Stay tuned for details or ask A DRAGON

Green Hornet

Hey Nick I'm a new member as well and this weekend will be my first ride with the club. Java Joe's no longer exists so they leave from the starbucks thats south of the hwy 50 turn to Tahoe. I to would like to meet up for the ride to Carson. I believe they plan to leave @ 8:30 from starbucks south of Carson so if you would like to meet up we should leave Reno by 7:45. What end of town do you live? Any ideas on where you'd like to meet?  Look forward to your response, Chad

Justin

Chad, A group of us are headed out from Reno.  Check back here for details.  We once met up at Krispy Creme for one of our southbound rides, and that worked out pretty well.  A Dragon will show us the light, I'm certain.

A DRAGON

Sorry I'm so slow. Let's meet at a Starbucks. Is there one in there with Walmart south of town? If so we can meet there at 7am and turn keys at 7:15 ride up and over VC. That should put us in Carson City by 8:15, providing we don't have any problems.  I was also thinking about our return trip. Hwy 88 just might be a little crowed so we can come back over Sonora Pass and back over Monitor back to Kingsbury and down Mt. Rose Does that sound cool with everyone. If not we can always change it if we have to.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

MotoPutz

If youre talking about the Super Walmart down on Del Monte then yes there is a Starbucks. Its door faces Del Monte and is by the Chopsticks. And a smoothie place.

darthrader

Quote from: Putz on August 14, 2008, 09:20:18 AM
If youre talking about the Super Walmart down on Del Monte then yes there is a Starbucks. Its door faces Del Monte and is by the Chopsticks. And a smoothie place.

Its on Damonte.   Not that there is a walmart on del monte, but just to avoid any confusion.

MotoPutz

Quote from: darthrader on August 14, 2008, 10:24:12 AM
Quote from: Putz on August 14, 2008, 09:20:18 AM

Its on Damonte.   Not that there is a walmart on del monte, but just to avoid any confusion.

Ok, what he said. But the starbucks is still where I said dispite the incorrect spelling of the road. Thanks RJ

Green Hornet

The Starbucks is @ 191 Damonte Ranch Parkway in the Wallmart shopping center. Just need to decide what time to leave?

Resistor

You can leave early with Jerome, he's leaving at 7:15 to go through VC on the way to CC.  I'll be leaving later, around 7:45 from the same *$.  This will get me to the CC *$ around 8:15 or so.  With this being a longer ride, I'm going to get a little extra sleep.  Plus I probably won't be taking all the passes on the way home (monitor, kingsburry, mt rose), unless I feel super energized at that point.  Whatever time you leave, make sure you're down there by 8:30 to head out with the group.
2005 GSXR-600

buell12r

Quote from: MnMTriumph on August 13, 2008, 06:01:37 PM
Quote from: buell12r on August 13, 2008, 05:55:34 PM
yea, starbucks on topsy

again last time i talked with you(long time ago in a galixy far far away lol )You just got back and did some claming. have a good time on this trip too.

well I guess I liked it so much that I had to go back.   

I was the outstanding apperntice in my class so they sent ME to represent navada in a national compition. 

Oneup

Which apprenticeship? Wait, Alaska.  You must be an electrician.  I went last year but it was in San Jose.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr