Main Menu

Guess who got ENGAGED to be married??

Started by Justin, July 23, 2008, 01:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotoPutz

That is exactly the conversation I had with her tonight. And she agreed with me on that, she learned all about debt a few years back.

Justin

I am in the process of learning about debt.  These lessons sure are fun!

(I'll be back on line when I stop puking my guts out)

2wcp

The engangment ring that I got my wife I actually found on sale from JCPenny for about $1k. Not very expensive, but she loves it and gets compliments on it all the time. Its not one big stone, its got 5,  one in the  center and 2 on each side, and they arent real big stones, that helped keep the cost down too.
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: zipbyu on July 23, 2008, 07:30:24 PM
Quote from: Oneup on July 23, 2008, 11:54:31 AM
Congratulations Luke and Caroline.  From what I've been told it's two months salary. 

My ass....Their we go again buying into what people or bussiness do, brain wash the general public.  If you want rings, buy what you want, not what people tell you to get.   
     My wife and I of 9 years don't have rings, we have eachother, not some traditional materiallistic item.
     Congratulations you to both. 

Congrats to both of you; Luke, you are lucky, she is much prettier than you. As far as ring....it means nothing, is just a marketing ploy. Go for a long weekend in SF and go out to dinner every night at a nice restaurant. Or get her a scooter..... ;D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Noleftturn

Oneup

Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on July 24, 2008, 02:48:06 PM
Congrats to both of you; Luke, you are lucky, she is much prettier than you. As far as ring....it means nothing, is just a marketing ploy. Go for a long weekend in SF and go out to dinner every night at a nice restaurant. Or get her a scooter..... ;D

A week in SF with eating out every night at a nice resturant is a lot more than two months salary.  Start saving now.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

n10sive

Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on July 24, 2008, 02:48:06 PMGo for a long weekend in SF and go out to dinner every night at a nice restaurant. Or get her a scooter..... ;D

Stop living vicariously through Luke Alberto! LOL
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Justin

Putz, my marraige has not been super easy, BUT IT's SO worth it, despite how hard the work may be  I want to wish both all the happiness in the world.
Stuff you already might know, but took me a while to learn.
The definition of love is patience and forgiveness and comprimise and selflessness.
Don't go to bed on bad terms.  Working it out is worth the sleep deprivation.
If it's not worth fighting about one year from now, it's not worth fighting about, PERIOD.
Everyone I know that knows Caroline thinks she's a wonderful person.
Don't take yourself too seriously (I'm a great example of that)
My hot dogs are burning on the bbq- gotta run. see you both this weekend.

ps. If she ever insists on a very fancy diamond ring go rent "Blood Diamond" and make her watch it!

Justin

Quote from: Oneup on July 24, 2008, 03:28:26 PM

A week in SF with eating out every night at a nice resturant is a lot more than two months salary.  Start saving now.
Jesus, Greg, what the hell are they paying you?? :D

Oneup

California unemployment.  I was told it was more than Nevada unemployment but I have only recieved one check.  They lied.  At this rate two months salary won't cover hotel costs in SF for a week.

Justin

Quote from: Oneup on July 24, 2008, 09:08:54 PM
  At this rate two months salary won't cover hotel costs in SF for a week.
What about the "hotel" where you caught gonorrhea from the girl who stole your wallet?  That place has got to be cheap.

weavefish

how can an thread with "Guess who got ENGAGED to be married" as a header go so very very wrong?
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Oneup

Quote from: Justino on July 24, 2008, 10:25:24 PM
Quote from: Oneup on July 24, 2008, 09:08:54 PM
  At this rate two months salary won't cover hotel costs in SF for a week.
What about the "hotel" where you caught gonorrhea from the girl who stole your wallet?  That place has got to be cheap.

By the time you figure in the costs of replacing said wallet and medical bills it was way more than $15.  But they did say for an extra $5 I could get a room with clean sheets. . . . .

Oneup

Quote from: weavefish on July 24, 2008, 10:40:00 PM
how can an thread with "Guess who got ENGAGED to be married" as a header go so very very wrong?

Look at who is posting in it.  They'll let anyone on the internet. ;D

zipbyu

You can tell oneup is a little jealous of Luke, in the 8 years I have known him he had 2 shortterm girl friends.  Living the dream Greg, living the dream.