Main Menu

Roll Call - Fort Bragg, CA in 1 day Saturday 6:00 AM KSU 07/26/14

Started by GreenMachine, July 23, 2014, 02:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Quote from: RichVee4 on July 28, 2014, 06:43:24 AM

...GM always give me grief for my high handle bar but for longer rides it is sure comfortable...
It must be person preference, b/c I think my 9's bars are high as it is.  In fact, any higher and I'd be uncomfortable on longer riders.  The primary difference with comfort for me, is if I'm riding two-up.  Then I could see where higher bars would make a difference.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Quote from: Mel on July 28, 2014, 07:19:46 AM
Rich, that's because GM probably couldn't drag knee with those bars :) :)!

Mel
These bars, yes.  

The ones you're mentioning, no.  The angle for my arms would just be higher going across the tank and my inside wrist would be twisted up at a painful angle.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

Quote from: GreenMachine on July 28, 2014, 07:51:27 AM
Quote from: Mel on July 28, 2014, 07:19:46 AM
Rich, that's because GM probably couldn't drag knee with those bars :) :)!

Mel
These bars, yes.  

The ones you're mentioning, no.  The angle for my arms would just be higher going across the tank and my inside wrist would be twisted up at a painful angle.

I think I should go with these and start riding standing up, no more sore butt.

Mel

SL, you will love the LSL bars 8)! Don't listen to GM, he needs his clip-ons for his tripod riding style :)! You've seen me ride with the higher bars and it doesn't slow me down, but the comfort level is huge! Been there done that with clip-ons and see no advantage except on the racetrack...trust be brother ;)!

Mel

GreenMachine

Quote from: slmoto on July 28, 2014, 08:22:11 AM
I think I should go with these and start riding standing up, no more sore butt.
I don't know if it was because I was laughing so hard or if my riding skills weren't up to the task, but DR rode his BMW that way on our 2012 Memorial Day ride.  We were coming back on hwy 96 (CA) and his back was getting sore.  I was leading but apparently not going fast enough.  DR went around me standing up in a tight 20-25 MPH canyon section.  He simply walked away from me.  The view from where I was, he looked like he was on a pole.

GreenMachine

Quote from: Mel on July 28, 2014, 08:28:06 AM
SL, you won't like the LSL bars 8)! Listen to GM, he needs his clip-ons for his long range riding and tripod riding style :)! You've seen me ride with the higher bars and it doesn't slow me down, although admittedly, you know it probably does and the comfort level isn't worth going with the higher bars for! I see your present clip-ons with the advantage under all scenarios, around town, touring, and on the racetrack...trust be brother ;)!

Mel
Fixed.   ;)

Mel

SL,

I started riding before GM was born :)! Yes, I have tried every riding position there is on many bikes over all those years, so I have some credibility when it comes to ergonomics. Personal opinion does have merit, but only if all options have been thoroughly tested ;)!

Hey dub, when you putting clip-ons on the Triumph so you can have the advantage under all scenarios :)!

Mel