Main Menu

I've been re-infected

Started by Tahoebrian5, February 20, 2014, 04:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahoebrian5

Well, the KTM dirtbike sure is a blast but I miss the street. For better or worse I'm starting to look for something to ride. Anyone know of any smoking deals on a ride? I'm thinking about picking up something used for 5 or 6k to keep me on two wheels until the new honda V4 bike comes out... or until I get sick of waiting and buy the RSV4.. or the Mv F4rr.. if they ever get their electronics figured out. I realized I picked a bad year to get hit by a log. This has got to be the warmest winter ever! I still have the honda but after doing some research I think I can get quite a bit of money parting the thing out.. probably a better plan than rebuilding the thing. Seing the pics posted on the front page kills me! damn loggin trucks
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

Can't disagree.  It's sad, but it's the right move.

I'll keep an eye out for another bike for you.  There must be lots and lots of options already on craigslist though.  Have you searched SF & Sac too?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RocketRider

PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Tahoebrian5

I think this year they will be upgrading it so I'm going to wait. If I could find a used one I'd do it but they're scarce.

I might be looking at a 2012 zx10

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

Quote from: dub on February 21, 2014, 08:23:18 AM
Just buy the RSV4 now.
Grey Goat's selling is 2000 RSV in the classified section.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

Not the same!!! Something about that V4

Tahoebrian5

Test rode the zx10, underwhelmed.

dub

You're all over the map. You are talking about a used bike $5k and you are also test riding brand new superbikes?

How about an HP4?

Tahoebrian5

The kawi was used, 2012, but yes I am a bit scattered. I'm torn between buying something cheap so I can buy my dream bike next year, or just spend the money now. The HO4 is on my radar also. I called Sierra BMW and they don't have one.

dub

What's the dream bike; the Honda V4? Is that even for sure happening?

Tahoebrian5

According to interviews last year with honda brass, a highly stripped done version of the homologated CRT honda bike is being developed for the street. Articles I've read say it'll be in the 40k range.. So that probably qualifies as worthy of dream bike status.

My brain tells me to get a used gsxr750 or another honda, my heart says get the rsv4 or the panigale, or hp4. Not sure who's going to win.

dub

Post up on BARF. Those guys LOVE to help people choose a new bike.

GreenMachine

DR sold his Panigale to a guy on BARF.  Bet he could find him and you could offer on that bike.

Which bike would you love riding and look forward to riding?  I'd vote for that one, so long as it had enough power, handled well enough, and wasn't too heavy.

Mel

GM,

It sounds like you're describing my FZ6 :)!