Main Menu

Who's Riding This Weekend?

Started by Mel, October 03, 2013, 11:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel

Wow, great weather this weekend and nobody is posting up about riding :o!

Mel

dub

Take a ride over the southern passes, 88, 4, 108.  The aspens are primo right now.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Mel

That works for some folks Dub, but I never ride to see the sights. I couldn't tell you the color of any trees when I riding by myself or my "spirited" friends because I'm always concentrating on the next corner that I'm rushing in to ;). It's all about to each their own I reckon. Some folks like to sport tour or tour and enjoy the sights while some of us like to be hooligans and run a spirited pace in the backroads which demands full focus on the job at hand 8).

Mel

GreenMachine

I thinking of doing a ride Saturday.  Temps are a little cool in the morning.  Probably getting a really late start around 10:00 to 10:30. 
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RocketRider

Quote from: GreenMachine on October 04, 2013, 09:40:26 PM
I thinking of doing a ride Saturday.  Temps are a little cool in the morning.  Probably getting a really late start around 10:00 to 10:30. 
Id be in for "later" sat or sunday. hit me up!
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

288RR

I think I can make a ride,  what do you have in mind GM?

GreenMachine

We made a run down to Markleeville for lunch.  RG500nut hosted while RocketRider and I tagged along.  Light law enforcement out today.  I won't say we were behaving badly, but CHP took notice and tailed us back into Nevada before turning around.  Sneaky. 

Gas was really cheap too.  $3.39 cash at CC AM/PM & $3.41 cash/credit at Maverik in Minden.  Super busy for riders, by the looks of it.  Lots of BMW touring bikes and HDs riding everywhere.  VC was packed with some roller skating race and Markleeville was just as busy with an arts festival.  We studied the art there for about an hour, :drool before sharing point going over various passes.  What a blast of a day.  Everyone rode safely and without incident.   

After tomorrow.  I don't see many more opportunities this year for rides like we had today.  But we can always hope.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

And just some commentary. 

Thanks Rocket for the colorful topic at lunch today.   :moon

RenoRider75

Sounds like fun!  The weather this week is looking slightly warmer than it was last week, I'm holding on to hope for a riding season that last up to Halloween.  I'm gonna ride around on Halloween with a cape if I can.   ;D