Main Menu

Who is the local Dunlop rep?

Started by Tahoebrian5, May 11, 2012, 07:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahoebrian5

Okay.. Long story short. I need to step up my track tires but not ready to invest $1000 on generator plus warmers, so.. I was told to get the new Dunlop dot race tires.. The GP-A's.  Problem is everywhere appears to be sold out, or in a couple cases listed as discontinued. So where can I get these tires, or can someone recommend a different tire that would be ok w/out warmers. Please advise!!!!!!!!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

Oneup

Race tires can only be purchased from a race tire vendor.  You generally have to go to a race or trackday to get race tires.  Sometimes you can order them online directly from the distributor.  I'm not sure who the current Dunlop distributor is.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

dub

If you are looking for a great trackday tire that doesn't need warmers, pick up a set of Pirelli Pro Slicks from Brian at RFR this weekend.  (can't ride them on the street, though).
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Tahoebrian5

I did finally figure out you have to go to www.dunlopracing.com. I ordered a set and they will conveniently arrive the day after the RFR track weekend. Looks like I'm on Q2's for Saturday
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.