Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Tires

Started by live2ride, June 19, 2008, 04:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

live2ride

Hey guys any recommendations on a rear tire?  I have a gixxer that has a bridgestone bt-014 rear tire that im gonna need to replace soon.  I only got about 4000 miles on it, roughly 2500 riding around the lake etc and about 1500 commuting miles.  Maybe the new bt-016? How many miles do you usually get on a tire?  Thanks
I live life like the captain of a sinking ship

POSER 511

4000 MILES THAT IS OWSOME. I RUN THE PILOT POWERS 120/190 AND I ONLY GET ABOUT 2000 TO 2500 OUT OF A SET WITH PSI. OF 28 COLD A LOT OF CANYON RIDING. IF YOU COMMUTE I WOULD STAY WITH THAT TIRE 4000 MILES IS KILLER. :)

themattreid

I'm enjoying the dunlop D208RR set on my tuono. they clean well and the rubber is just about as sticky as pilot powers. currently have 2000 miles on the set and they'll easily go another 1000-1500.

If you just want performance, go with the pilot power or c2. Michaels has them on sale (no 190s left).

Adiggity

Quote from: live2ride on June 19, 2008, 04:36:34 PM
Hey guys any recommendations on a rear tire?  I have a gixxer that has a bridgestone bt-014 rear tire that im gonna need to replace soon.  I only got about 4000 miles on it, roughly 2500 riding around the lake etc and about 1500 commuting miles.  Maybe the new bt-016? How many miles do you usually get on a tire?  Thanks
Just read an article in Cycle World Magazine about the new BT-016. According to the report, the 016 has more durability than the 014. If you got 4000 miles from the 014, it might be worth giving the 016 a shot. 4000 miles is pretty damn good, but a lot of it depends on how aggressive you ride. Mileage will vary quite a bit between riders.

buell12r

just put on a set of pilot power 2ct
good feal for the road,  definatly two compounds
normal PP rubber in the center, but when you get them warm the sides are very tacky to the touch

the feel for the texture of the road is like (not the same) feal I got with my perelli diablos

they are suposed to last in the straights and handle in the corners, sofar they do their job
well see how many miles I get out of them

n10sive

I put a pair of Metzler Z6's on my RT. The set I bought with the bike was gone in 4,000 miles (Continentals). The Z6's (dual compound) feel very nice for the road and the twisties. I just did a 1650 mile ride on them and they were really smooth. Now after close to 4,000 miles they are barely showing signs of wear and only just starting to get a flat spot (which developed during the long highway trip). I am really enjoying them right now.

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike