Main Menu

Spies - Donington GP

Started by Resistor, June 12, 2008, 03:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Resistor

I just saw this on superbikeplanet.  Ben Spies' first MotoGP race was suppoesed to be at Laguna Seca, but he will be racing in the next MotoGP race on 6/22...

Ben Spies:

"I was excited that my first GP was to be at Laguna Seca in the States, but I'm now more excited by this! I think this will be a good thing for me to start out at Donington; it is a track I don't know so I have no pressure. I haven't done any testing on the bike or with race and qualifying tyres so I am not really expected to do anything much, so I can just go out there and learn how everything works and enjoy the event. This will be good for when we get back to the wildcard races in Laguna and Indianapolis because I know those tracks and I'll have some knowledge of the bike and be able to put my head down and go for it there. This is great for me to get the chance, but it is in an unfortunate way that I am there because of the injury to Loris and I wish him all the best on a full recovery. I hope I can represent everybody really good and just want to go out there and have some fun!"

2005 GSXR-600

weavefish

he makes a good point. cant wait to see him ;D
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Resistor

Yeah, the extra seat time in Donington can only help.  I hope he'll be strong at the Laguna race.
2005 GSXR-600

A DRAGON

I was talking with a friend tonight who had mentioned that MOtoGP money wasn't as much as AMA money right now for Spies. I know he want's to ride but Spies will need more money than he's gettting right now.  I heard he's making 4 million a year now and none of the GP guys are getting that except Rossi?
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Oneup

Not sure what the other GP guys are getting but Rossi is getting way more than 4 million a year.  He makes the list of top paid athletes in the world.  The figure I heard was around 30 million a year.  Being that he is Rossi I understand why he would make more I just don't see the other big names in Moto GP making less than 4 million a year.  With Spies being a new comer though he might make less.  But who cares, if he does well he will make more than AMA.  It's all about results.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr